Drink package? Yes or no (energy drinks)

helene109

People who think sharing is theft do have their eyes open. They just don't see the subject as you do.

Also the 15 drinks is probably not the profit point; it's the legal cut off point so that they will not have over served someone. Profit point is probably about 1/2 that. Corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders (many who cruise and want that profit). Carnival Corp is many more lines than Carnival so in a corporation report they many be talking about any part of their business.

Have a drink and calm down. :)

People who think sharing is theft do have their eyes open. They just don't see the subject as you do.

Also the 15 drinks is probably not the profit point; it's the legal cut off point so that they will not have over served someone. Profit point is probably about 1/2 that. Corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders (many who cruise and want that profit). Carnival Corp is many more lines than Carnival so in a corporation report they many be talking about any part of their business.

Have a drink and calm down. :)

I highly doubt it cost Carnival more than $1-$2 a drink. If someone maxed out at 15 everyday of a 7 day cruise that's 105 drinks. If it cost Carnival a couple hundred for those drinks they still made a nice little profit since the person paid about $350 (no gratuity) for the package. The 15 drink limit has nothing to do with over serving someone. It's the bottom limit of the profit they want to make.

this was all very cute... You don't have a business degree.

Carnival has stated that they plan to increase revenues in their address to stock holders and the p&l. Carnival has x number of ships. Every year carnival needs to make higher profits. If 2016 they have say 50 ships and in 2017 they continues with said 50 ships.

Now let's assume that in both year all 50 ships sail constant or they have the same number of dry docks.

So in year 2017 they can't add more sailing and they can still only fill every room... So now how do they make more money...

Option a- raise cruise rates (raise it enough that they still fill the same percentage of each ship)

option b- reduce services- these are the cut backs on quality of food, dinning room table clothes every night.

Option c- increase cost of product sold on ship in stores.

Option d- reduce staff - this is reduce

the number of staff on the ship to save money but not reduce the number of bookings.

Option e- increase packages on ship- raise the drink package and soda packages to make more money but maintain about the same number of packages sold. Also they can raise faster to the fun and other programs.

You see carnival has used all these options to increase revenue because they can't go to the stock holders and say we are making less. The fact is cheers goes up because it has to. Not because tom shared 1 of his 15 drinks. Carnival has promised to make more money in every category so some research and open your eyes.

I personally don't share my 15 i consume them. But i am not going to log on here and shame people that do share. I am also not going to feel bad for carnival that people's share. If it was hurting them that bad they would police it more on the ships.

Some of you are so holy on here and perfect and never sinned... I am surprised you cruise and don't just walk on water. Have a blessed day!

Sent from my iphone using forums

amen!!!!

I highly doubt it cost Carnival more than $1-$2 a drink. If someone maxed out at 15 everyday of a 7 day cruise that's 105 drinks. If it cost Carnival a couple hundred for those drinks they still made a nice little profit since the person paid about $350 (no gratuity) for the package. The 15 drink limit has nothing to do with over serving someone. It's the bottom limit of the profit they want to make.

But what do we know... the ethic police know so much more. But hey I have a marketing degree and who better to blame for increase abuser of the policy or corporate greed...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But what do we know... the ethic police know so much more. But hey I have a marketing degree and who better to blame for increase abuser of the policy or corporate greed...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know what? You're right and I'm completely wrong. Carnival is nothing but a soulless greedy corporation who cannot wait to disavow their customers of their hard earned money in every way imaginable. They don't provide anything of any real value and deserve to be stolen from as punishment for their infatuation with actually making a profit.

Shame on them.

I was joking about corporate greed... but double digit growth % is why it goes up. I called carnival and they have never placed a police report or locked anyone up in the brig for steeling a cheers drink and letting someone have it. But I let them know of your concern... Oh and yes that was a joke 2 and I know you can't walk on water that was a joke as well don't want you to die if you try it. Then who would be the ethic police on here?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Forums mobile app

Also i have actually read the p&l and i know what it says and across all business segments is all business segments... I was not the one that commented on an old argument and got this going again. But have a great day I am headed back out to the pool.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Forums mobile app