No more adult only aft pools?

I'm far from uneducated. My perspective is this, if people want a kid free pool and Carnival is no longer providing that, then go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

I would agree. The only problem being is that no one out there is as good as Carnival so for me at least, it's a step down and usually more expensive to sail with someone else. Kind of silly to pay more for less but I do know that's how some people roll.

How miserable do you have to be to worry about children around a swimming pool. Were I a parent and I came across pools forbidden to my children I'd be furious. I wish there were cruises with pool areas which were closed to sad and whinging adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Time to get furious then because even on Carnival, there are still a couple of ships that have adult only pools so your imaginary children will not be welcome in them.

How miserable do you have to be to worry about children around a swimming pool. Were I a parent and I came across pools forbidden to my children I'd be furious. I wish there were cruises with pool areas which were closed to sad and whinging adults.

I imagine you are also furious that your imaginary children are not allowed to purchase and consume ADULT beverages, enter ADULT clubs, obtain a drivers license like other ADULTS?

If you don't have the nerve to say what you want to say, why do you even bother replying to my post at all just to say you "can't" do it? Let me guess, you're another bleeding heart who believes we didn't earn any of what we have, that we've only achieved our prosperity by taking advantage of the rest of the world. Sound about right?

You see my profile pic don't you. I'm not a bleeding heart, so don't tell me about what you earned and how you prospered without taking advantage. and I said I can't do it because if you can make a comment like that you need a long history lesson

Only on one of my cruises was the aft pool still adult only. Usually it is not a problem as the kids are usually at the large pool where all the exciting things happen.

However one time that pool closed due to a broken glass and the aft pool had so many kids in it for a few hours that there was literally no standing room and the kids were sooooooo rambunctious! That was the only time the aft pool being family friendly was a real nuisance.

Edited by brepri_h
extra word

I imagine you are also furious that your imaginary children are not allowed to purchase and consume ADULT beverages, enter ADULT clubs, obtain a drivers license like other ADULTS?
Yes, but his/her imaginary children now have the opportunity to snorkel in the hot tubs in the previously adults only area on seven more of the Carnival ships. Luckily those imaginary darlings will not be able to enter the Havana area on my future Horizon sailings until after 700 PM while I am having my dinner. :D

Kat.....enjoy the three tiered Serenity area on the Sunshine. Have you heard about the Havana area on the Vista and Horizon?

I'm looking forward to it. Seems like the nicest serenity in the fleet, although the one on the Pride is great also.

I'm not much interested in the Vista or the Horizon - too big, too many bells whistles. Not my thing. I'm not ruling them out completely but I won't be seeking them out.

I really do love the Spirit class ships. I'm reserving judgment on the Sunshine, but we have an aft wrap so I'm sure it will be fine [emoji6]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Many have said this....they will select ships that meet their needs, whether it be a Carnival ship or another line.

The problem when this thread started was that there are many of us, already booked and in final payment, who made a choice based on known adult areas and were not able to make a change.

I selected my upcoming B2B on the Splendor based on my past experience. If I had known that these pool/hot tubs were going to be family friendly I would have picked a different ship in the first place because I don't like the Serenity Deck on the Splendor. I did not have that option when the announcement was made

Not everyone is a "whiner" for posting their experiences. That is what the forums are supposed to be about - cruise discussion - so that we can query when making vacation decisions.

I liked the Splendor but I have to agree that one of the things I liked was that great adults only aft pool. RIP adults only pools [emoji12]

Funny thing about those who call others "whiners" only those who disagree with them seem to fall into that category.

I have no problem with people holding opinions that are different from mine so long as they allow me the same courtesy.

I would agree. The only problem being is that no one out there is as good as Carnival so for me at least, it's a step down and usually more expensive to sail with someone else. Kind of silly to pay more for less but I do know that's how some people roll.

I'm glad you added the "for me at least" because I would have to disagree.

Carnival is good at their niche. They provide a cheap/affordable cruise for the masses.

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." I certainly don't think that all of the more expensive options are a "step down." Quite the contrary. Might be true for some, but certainly not all and a lot depends on what you're looking for.

We did a Viking River cruise and loved the experience of cruising with them so we booked an ocean cruise with them.

It's a lot more than a Carnival cruise for sure, but for one we will only have 928 other people sailing with us. All of the cabins have balconies. We get beer and wine included with lunch and dinner. You can bring as much liquor, wine, beer and soft drinks on board with you as you want.

An excursion is included in every port. Wifi is included. Soda, water and snacks are replenished daily at no charge.

There is no extra charge for specialty restaurants. They give you bottled water when you leave the ship. They provide umbrellas and binoculars and a coffee maker in the room.

There is no charge for room service (full menu), nor do they charge for self service laundry.

And you must be over the age of 18 to sail with them (12 on the river cruises)

Another thing I love is that no one hassles you to have your photo taken. If you want a photo just hand your camera to a crew member and they will be glad to take one for you. No one makes announcements all day hawking gold by the inch or the next bingo game. There are electronic game boards all over the ship if you are so inclined. I can't wait!

We're paying more for sure but getting so much more value - at least IMO

As I've said before, I'll still take a quick cheap getaway on the Pride or another Spirit class ship that still has the aft adults only pool. But more and more we will be looking at lines like Viking in the future.

Oh and did I mention $45 pp airfare from NY to San Juan including transfers to the ship from the airport and back at the end of the cruise?

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." ..........

It's a lot more than a Carnival cruise for sure,..........

I kind of see where you're going here Kat, but you really do need to try to compare an apple to a shinier apple, maybe Carnival versus a fully loaded Celebrity cruise. You're comparing Carnival to a cruise line that is charging well over 400 per day for the majority of their 10 day sailings out of San Juan. This type of comparison is out of whack and is a totally different type of cruise experience.

Yes, but his/her imaginary children now have the opportunity to snorkel in the hot tubs in the previously adults only area on seven more of the Carnival ships. Luckily those imaginary darlings will not be able to enter the Havana area on my future Horizon sailings until after 700 PM while I am having my dinner. :D

All well and good except for this little tidbit:

Havana Staterooms and Suites

The Carnival Vista will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms and suites. Tropics-inspired Havana Cabanas feature accommodations with private outdoor patio cabanas that face the expanded lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views.

• The aft lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade alongside the Havana Cabana staterooms and suites will be for the exclusive use of guests in Havana accommodations until 7:00pm daily.
  • Children must be 12 years of age or older in order to cruise in a Havana stateroom. The Havana staterooms and experience is designed to be a place where guests can relax and recharge in a more intimate and private setting and the age requirement will enable us to sustain the desired atmosphere.

Certainly won't completely curtail those little buggers from snorkeling in the water while you try to read, dunk your feet or whisper softly while you enjoy an adult beverage.

All well and good except for this little tidbit:

Havana Staterooms and Suites

The Carnival Vista will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms and suites. Tropics-inspired Havana Cabanas feature accommodations with private outdoor patio cabanas that face the expanded lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views.

•  
  • The aft lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade alongside the Havana Cabana staterooms and suites will be for the exclusive use of guests in Havana accommodations until 7:00pm daily.

• Children must be 12 years of age or older in order to cruise in a Havana stateroom. The Havana staterooms and experience is designed to be a place where guests can relax and recharge in a more intimate and private setting and the age requirement will enable us to sustain the desired atmosphere.

Certainly won't completely curtail those little buggers from snorkeling in the water while you try to read, dunk your feet or whisper softly while you enjoy an adult beverage.

Yes but the chances of them even booking kids is pretty slim due to the fact that all but 7 (If I'm counting correctly) of those cabins are double occupancy. Two of those are Suites. And with the premium the Havana cabins are selling for, it's highly unlikely you are going to have a drove of obnoxious kids. In fact most would find it too boring back there and go to Lido.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only way you would catch me back on a Vista Class ship is in another Havana cabin.

Yes but the chances of them even booking kids is pretty slim due to the fact that all but 7 (If I'm counting correctly) of those cabins are double occupancy. Two of those are Suites. And with the premium the Havana cabins are selling for, it's highly unlikely you are going to have a drove of obnoxious kids. In fact most would find it too boring back there and go to Lido.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only way you would catch me back on a Vista Class ship is in another Havana cabin.

I counted only a couple of kids in the pool area maybe twice during our recent Vista cruise.

I'm so glad to read this! I'm booked for Horizon 9/23/18 for my first ever carnival cruise and purposely booked a Havana cabin when I read that children under 12 did not have access to this pool area before 7pm. And then even more excited to see just how few rooms (in comparison) there are that have access with kids over 12 I felt confident that I can completely relax on this sailing.

I travel solo and it makes the extra cost for having to pay double on carnival because they haven't realized what a money maker solo cabins could be. I full intend to pay for a Vibe pass this year on the NCL Escape for the same privacy.

Just got back from Splendor and it was a little annoying to have kids in the aft pool, mostly because there were families with small kids who could not swim, so they had inflatable rafts, tubes, etc for them which took up more space in the already cramped pool. I also saw a lot of kids in the hot tubs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm glad you added the "for me at least" because I would have to disagree.

Carnival is good at their niche. They provide a cheap/affordable cruise for the masses.

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." I certainly don't think that all of the more expensive options are a "step down." Quite the contrary. Might be true for some, but certainly not all and a lot depends on what you're looking for.

We did a Viking River cruise and loved the experience of cruising with them so we booked an ocean cruise with them.

It's a lot more than a Carnival cruise for sure, but for one we will only have 928 other people sailing with us. All of the cabins have balconies. We get beer and wine included with lunch and dinner. You can bring as much liquor, wine, beer and soft drinks on board with you as you want.

An excursion is included in every port. Wifi is included. Soda, water and snacks are replenished daily at no charge.

There is no extra charge for specialty restaurants. They give you bottled water when you leave the ship. They provide umbrellas and binoculars and a coffee maker in the room.

There is no charge for room service (full menu), nor do they charge for self service laundry.

And you must be over the age of 18 to sail with them (12 on the river cruises)

Another thing I love is that no one hassles you to have your photo taken. If you want a photo just hand your camera to a crew member and they will be glad to take one for you. No one makes announcements all day hawking gold by the inch or the next bingo game. There are electronic game boards all over the ship if you are so inclined. I can't wait!

As I've said before, I'll still take a quick cheap getaway on the Pride or another Spirit class ship that still has the aft adults only pool. But more and more we will be looking at lines like Viking in the future.

Oh and did I mention $45 pp airfare from NY to San Juan including transfers to the ship from the airport and back at the end of the cruise?

Of course I stated "at least for me" because while some people may care about those expensive options, others, such as myself, couldn't care less about some, most, or all of them. So, IMO, if you pay more for a product but don't care about or use the extras that come with the more expensive product, that is a step down in pretty much anyone's book unless someone just has money to burn. Based on the extras you stated with your Viking cruise, I don't drink so don't care about the beer or wine, I rarely take excursions so that would be of limited value, I rarely spend the money to book a balcony unless one can smoke on said balcony and even then I like having people around me to interact with instead of sitting in solitude, I don't drink coffee, I rarely go to specialty restaurants as I find the MDR food perfectly acceptable and I doubt they have a Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana on Viking. So as you can see, to me (which I stated before), the extra money spent on a Viking cruise would be money wasted (same applies to NCL, Celebrity, or anyone else with those special supposed freebies which are actually just prepaid extras due to the higher cabin cost). Not that I would be against taking a Viking cruise but certainly not for the reasons you mentioned above for what they charge.

Edited by Computer Nerd

Did the aft pool on the Dream used to be an adult only before this recent change?

Rumor has it they have reversed the change, hopefully the aft pools on the three Dream class ships will remain as they were. However; I wouldn't be surprised if they were slow or lax in this rollback on Dream as the Dream class ships are the ones with just two pools with many more passengers than the ships they succeeded.