Thoughts on Faster to the Fun, especially if you've used it?

I like it. We use it to bypass the lines (all of them)! There's a separate check in line we use, at the front desk to put in our cash deposit, as well as to get whatever is left back. We use it because our luggage gets delivered early, so we can unpack early. It's a bit expensive, I get it. But the time not spent standing in a line is worth it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having access to the cabin upon embarking (regardless of the time) is divine! Not having to even carry your purse or other carry on (wine) -- heaven. The one time we had it (and we bought it again for our upcoming cruise) the check in line was crazy long, and we were whisked away to a desk with no one in line, checked in and on the elevator to the gangplank and on the ship within minutes.

I would think if you're traveling with kids or even older passengers, FTTF would be a blessing!

For me the biggest perk was being able to get off the ship quicker. If we didn't have FTTF we would have had to wait until 0915 to get off (that was self debark time for our deck.) With FTTF we got to go at 0815. I hate waiting on the ship the last day. The cruise is over, sitting around waiting to leave is a downer. I'd rather just got off and move on. We were on the road at least an hour earlier.

Purchased it one time for a ten night Sunshine cruise out of Charleston. Utterly worthless. The line at the terminal for FTTF, suite guests and the insane number of Platinum cruisers barely moved.We stood in one spot for nearly an hour watching those with no priority breeze right through. Last cruise in February on Magic we were in the terminal by 10:30AM, checked in by 10:40AM and were among the first to board so FTTF may at most have gotten us on the ship 10 minutes faster. We rarely need to go to guest services so the priority line was of no help.

We love it, and always get it!!!

Love being able to go to the room immediately and drop the bags before getting our first DOD and lunch on the Lido.

Also, LOVE the short lines at GS, if necessary.

Again, some don't find it worth the cost, but we do.

To each their own........

Depends on your mindset and personality....if you HAVE to be one of the first people on the ship aka "firstie", because you have a fear the buffet will disappear, FTTF may be for you. So you can get to the terminal at 8:30 am, wait 3.5 hrs and get on at 12. Or, show up at 1:50 and there will be more Carnival personnel in the terminal than passengers and be on the ship by 2:00 pm. I have found I got the same exact food on the Lido deck at 2:00 as a firstie did at 12 [emoji14]

Guest Services: I have been on probably 20+ cruises. Maybe I have used GS 5 times. Never more than a 5 min wait. Some people go to GS 5 times in one day. Part of their excursion package is GS, they love to complain....FTTF is probably worth it for them

Luggage delivery: I will debate this fallacy of expedited luggage. Most times, when we travel with friends, they get FTTF and on boat by 12. We don't and met up with them around 2 or 230. I would say more than 50% of the time, I get my luggage before they get theirs. There are certain people afflicted with a condition of if they don't have their "stuff" and are able to take it out of one bag to put in a drawer, they get highly anxious. I don't understand it, but it's out there.

Tendering: a firstie gets the first tender. I get the second. You beat me to the port by 3 mins....you win [emoji23]....not that big of a deal. To some however, it is

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

With 20+ cruises you are probably platinum or whatever...so you already get priority boarding, dedicated line at GS, priority tender, etc.

So, being platinum, you'd actually have the first tender, first to board, etc. With "20+ cruises" I'd think you would be a little smarter with your cruise privileges.

With 20+ cruises you are probably platinum or whatever...so you already get priority boarding, dedicated line at GS, priority tender, etc.

So, being platinum, you'd actually have the first tender, first to board, etc. With "20+ cruises" I'd think you would be a little smarter with your cruise privileges.

I never said they were all on Carnival [emoji108]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would not approach the dock without it. My vacation time is too precious to NOT spend a little on bypassing the hoards that like to stand in line. When not enjoying the suite life, I always get Faster to the Fun. I want to arrive at the port on my schedule, and basically walk on. I have no patience to mill around a cruise terminal with the unwashed for a couple of hours. Ever get behind a member of the TWA (time wasters association) who has every trick to slow the process? I had one woman at the bank that wanted to know if they had any pennies without Lincoln on them, and would they check in the back?

When going ashore at a port of call, I don't want to wait in a line on a stairway instead of riding the tender to the day's adventure.

Seeking opinions on Faster to the Fun, especially if you've tried it. What perks did you get and did you feel it was worth it? We are very seriously considering it for our sailings in September out of New Orleans and December out of Miami.

Waste of $$$. We can spend that $$$ on other things.

Love, Love, Love it....we have had it for last 5 cruises and also have for our Christmas cruise this year. We will continue to purchase it until we reach platinum (getting closer yeah!).

We board as early as possible and appreciate being able to go immediately to our cabin and drop off carry ons as well as getting our luggage delivered early in the day. Once in a while we need to use the VIP line at GS and when we do it is really nice not to wait in the long line.

For us it's worth it. We get in the short line to check in, get to board early, we love dropping off our luggage as soon as we board...hate lugging it around until our room is available. One time we needed to go to customer service and our line was much shorter. When you look at how much you're spending for the cruise, it's really not that much extra for the convenience. Unfortunately, we booked our cruise late and so far, although I check daily, it keeps saying sold out. [emoji17] I will not give up, someone could cancel.

I was like you, I kept checking back for Splendor and 44 days out it became available again. Keep trying.:D

For us and our first Carnival cruise on Splendor last year we had it and that was also when it only cost $50 back then but it was well worth it to step off the hotel shuttle first thing in the morning and Carnival baggage checkers saw the FTTF luggage tags, we tipped them and they grabbed our luggage put it on a cart and the guy said "get it on the ship now, FTTF." He told us go through this door and this line on this side of the terminal and we did as we looked at the LONG line of people at the other doors. We flew through the priority check in line because there was no one waiting. The other line with regular check in was OMG. We had our S&S cards and boarding stuff and were sitting down in 10 minutes from the time we stepped off the shuttle. not kidding. I was amazed at how fast it was as we sat down watching the other slow line creep along. We did sit for about 45 minutes and they called FTTF to board. we were on the ship by 11:15 am. Went straight to our room and dumped our 12 packs of pop and carry ons and there was our luggage. Went out onto Lido and had lunch and then found a lounger up on 11 for a bit then started exploring the ship.

Went back to the room to grab my camera and that was when my wife discovered her S&S card didint work on room door. went to guest services and the regular line was WHOAH. lucky we could use the priority line and there was only 1 other person in line in front of us. 10 minutes she had her card fixed.

Got to Belize and we were doing the cave tubing so we needed to get off the ship ASAP as they said its an all day excursion and time is short. they took us right down to the tender line and to the front and got on the first one. Priority tendering.

Same thing in Grand Cayman our stingray city tour was very soon after we arrived and again we needed to get off ASAP or we have to wait 2 hours for the next tour and may not have time to do turtle farm also. again lead us down to the tender line to the front and on the first tender and made the first stingray tour.

Debarkation when we got back into miami our room steward left our debarkation number tags in our room the day before and we got number 2. yea, we didnt really need to get off the ship right a way as we were staying an extra day at a hotel right on Miami beach so we took our time having breakfast and waited till lines died down.

The priority boarding the first day for us was wort it in its self. I cant stand long in one spot like standing in line our my back hurts then i'm hurting the rest of the day. I have to keep moving or walking or my back kills me. Carrying two 12 packs, my backpack with my camera equipment in it. and a regular carry on suitcase around the ship till our room was ready would have sucked.

Our next cruise next April it just became available yesterday and we grabbed it. For what i'm saving on our cruise using the 10% off gift cards i'll use some of the savings to get FTTF.

I want to thank everyone for their insight. I had no idea you could select an embarkation time - when we first signed up for the cruise the option was not available yet, but I checked today and apparently closer to the cruise date the option shows up. So I signed up for the earliest time (11:00-11:30). We have decided we are definitely going to get it on the second trip where we have a tender port (Caymans), but are reconsidering paying for it for the first trip which has no tender ports and for which I was able to sign up for the earliest embarkation time slot. My biggest concern was waiting around to go through security for 2 1/2 hours like I had to do on the last cruise - but if the embarkation time slots are being enforced on Carnival - which I have read is happening on other posts - we should not have a problem. All of your feedback is very helpful as we are coming to a decision; thank you.