Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

Yeah, I've seen the blog post that had been going around, where the RCCL twitter replied to a question about the fees and those in suites. From what I've seen, that was inaccurate and probably a hasty reply in an attempt to calm people down, when that fee was added. In a grand suite and above, there is ability to order the full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu for in room dining, as an amenity but you won't find any mention directly from royal Caribbean about room service fee being waived for suites. They have actually called the room to make sure that we were aware of the $7.95 fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In a Grande Suite and above - fleet wide - there is no charge for any room service. When you ordered maybe they charged it to the balcony room your sons were in. If there were charges and it did not get resolved before you left the ship you should call Royal and get those charges taken off your credit card.

In a Grande suite and above on all Royal Ships there is no charge for room service at any time of day. The "Suite full breakfast" is the same menu as the dining room (s) which you can order at no charge. The "7.95 American Breakfast" might be more limited but whatever you order will be no charge. I love the Quantum Class ships. Enjoy your time on the Anthem!

Thanks for the info!

In a Grande Suite and above - fleet wide - there is no charge for any room service. When you ordered maybe they charged it to the balcony room your sons were in. If there were charges and it did not get resolved before you left the ship you should call Royal and get those charges taken off your credit card.

I believe Royal Caribbean is playing games with this. Aside from the wording someone mentioned, which is from the RCCL twitter account, there is zero mention of the room service being no fee for suites on their website. I'm going to get a straight answer on this and will post it. So far, I posted on their Facebook page and they are already looking in to it. But as you can see in picture below, they seem to be ducking on giving a straight answer to a simple question. I'm guessing there is no real policy on this yet and that they have been waiving the charges for the suites, to keep those classes happy. I hate when companies dance around and don't give real answers. I suspect they are going to credit back those four $7.95 charges and duck the question when they do so, but I really care more about knowing how it's supposed to work, than just getting the charges back and will push for an answer.

9a433fefb494d720fb9bb56d584d23d5.jpg

I haven't been not feeling well after a week of eating nonstop, food that I normally don't eat. So I rested today in our room and we have decided just to order room service for dinner. My husband played adult dodgeball and my 14 yr old got a gold medal in a teen scavenger hunt. I'm not sure where the 17 year old is. Well, that's pretty much it folks. We have our luggage tags for departure, gave out extra tips that we wanted to give, packed up most of our belongings and are getting ready to disembark tomorrow morning. It's been a pleasure posting. Will give an update tomorrow on departure and anything else that we encounter.

I was on this sailing with you (sorry I didn't notice your post until now, or I would've said hello :-)

You said you started feeling ill after lobster night. Did you have the prime rib that night? I have a feeling that was the culprit (I had the prime rib and have been feeling miserable since).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

final elevator question: overall for the week how was it and would you move or stay on 10 again

Not the OP, but I was on the same sailing. We did find the elevators were quite slow. However, I must mention that this cruise was packed with kids and teens (spring break) and we observed several times teens pressing all the buttons on the elevator then running out (I guess it was their idea of being funny) so that might have contributed to the slowness.

I believe Royal Caribbean is playing games with this. Aside from the wording someone mentioned, which is from the RCCL twitter account, there is zero mention of the room service being no fee for suites on their website. I'm going to get a straight answer on this and will post it. So far, I posted on their Facebook page and they are already looking in to it. But as you can see in picture below, they seem to be ducking on giving a straight answer to a simple question. I'm guessing there is no real policy on this yet and that they have been waiving the charges for the suites, to keep those classes happy. I hate when companies dance around and don't give real answers. I suspect they are going to credit back those four $7.95 charges and duck the question when they do so, but I really care more about knowing how it's supposed to work, than just getting the charges back and will push for an answer.

9a433fefb494d720fb9bb56d584d23d5.jpg

As a D+ and a Suites and non suite cruiser on Royal I can absolutely state - The new 7.95 charge is being rolled out on the fleet this month and next month. Grande Suites and above is comp no matter the order and no matter the time of day. That is the policy. Even if you had a menu in your grande suite which showed a price. That is not for you. That is why I asked of they put the charge on the balcony room for your sons, which should be removed. Staterooms below grande suite continental breakfast delivered to stateroom is no charge.

Not the OP, but I was on the same sailing. We did find the elevators were quite slow. However, I must mention that this cruise was packed with kids and teens (spring break) and we observed several times teens pressing all the buttons on the elevator then running out (I guess it was their idea of being funny) so that might have contributed to the slowness.

thanks for the info. i also worry about them being full every time they stop in the middle of the ship and me not being able to go on. gf has knee injury and steps may not even be an option unless she heals up

I called C&A D+ line and questioned them about the $7.95 fee and was told GS and above don't pay the fee. I asked where it was on the web and was advised she was able to see it on her internal website, but not on the public one.

RCCL is refunding the charges for room service on our account. They admitted that it is free for grand suites and above. I also got a suggestion from someone how to find it on the website and here is the link to see it directly from RCCL:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/search/processSearch.do?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstruct-new222.dmz.rccl.com%3A200&ip_text=room+service&searchSubmit=+

basically it's a link searching room service on their website. It brings you to a Q&A about room service. The 4th question and answer are:

Q: Is there a charge for the new room service for Suite Guests?

A: Room service will continue to be complimentary for Grand Suites and above. All other suites will have a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order. Continental breakfast remains complimentary for all.

RCCL is refunding the charges for room service on our account. They admitted that it is free for grand suites and above. I also got a suggestion from someone how to find it on the website and here is the link to see it directly from RCCL:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/search/processSearch.do?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstruct-new222.dmz.rccl.com%3A200&ip_text=room+service&searchSubmit=+

basically it's a link searching room service on their website. It brings you to a Q&A about room service. The 4th question and answer are:

A: Room service will continue to be complimentary for Grand Suites and above. All other suites will have a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order. Continental breakfast remains complimentary for all.

Glad to hear that. To think you would've lost all that money if it wasn't for these boards.

Could you let me know if your wife had the prime rib on lobster night? I'm really curious to find out if that might've been why I fell ill right after that night as well.

I am glad the refund to you worked out the way it should have. You should not have been even charged in the first place...

Glad to hear that. To think you would've lost all that money if it wasn't for these boards.

Could you let me know if your wife had the prime rib on lobster night? I'm really curious to find out if that might've been why I fell ill right after that night as well.

We used it thinking we did have to pay it so it's nice to get it back. Tipped each of the delivery people well but had we known it was no cost to us, would have given a little more.

As for the prime rib, no that doesn't seem to be the issue; we both ate that and I'm fine. Our kids were at dinner that night and they brought two orders of the prime rib, ordered medium but one was medium well and the other looked very rare. We stopped the kids from touching the one that looked rare and just shared the medium well one.

I'm realizing the cruise ended yesterday. Edited: Ahhhhh was this was a 8 night cruise, not a 9 night cruise. I was keeping track of the menus for my upcoming 9 night cruise in September. This throws me off a bit LOL!

Edited by slyster

Hi everyone. Sorry that I've been MIA. I didn't get sick from the food on the ship or any virus, I have medical issues and ended up going to the emergency room after we disembarked. I'm doing okay and just wanted to express that my husband and kids are fine, not sick at all. Anyway... I didn't get to update everyone yesterday. We left our room at 6:45am and went to our meeting place of Chops Grille, which is the meeting place for suite guests. The Concierge walked a group of us down, through the gangway and all the way to the luggage. We were at our car by 7:02am and pulling out of the garage by 7:05am. I'm thankful it was a very quick process since I was in a lot of pain. Luckily traffic wasn't bad and we were at our home on Long Island slightly after 8am. We will have to redo our anniversary since I was not well. But overall, it was a memorable vacation with lots of great experiences. Most importantly, the kids enjoyed it. Would I go on this ship again? Yes, I believe I would do another cruise on Anthem.

final elevator question: overall for the week how was it and would you move or stay on 10 again

Hi. I would stay on 10 again. I liked that floor level and the location of our room. The elevators can be annoying sometimes but it's a crowded ship so you just deal with it. After day 2, it was much better. We found that no matter what floor you are on or part of the ship (forward or aft) that it was the same situation. Sometimes you get an elevator quickly and sometimes you have a wait. Sometimes you get an empty elevator and sometimes you have to squeeze in a crowded one.

Hi everyone. Sorry that I've been MIA. I didn't get sick from the food on the ship or any virus, I have medical issues and ended up going to the emergency room after we disembarked. I'm doing okay and just wanted to express that my husband and kids are fine, not sick at all. Anyway... I didn't get to update everyone yesterday. We left our room at 6:45am and went to our meeting place of Chops Grille, which is the meeting place for suite guests. The Concierge walked a group of us down, through the gangway and all the way to the luggage. We were at our car by 7:02am and pulling out of the garage by 7:05am. I'm thankful it was a very quick process since I was in a lot of pain. Luckily traffic wasn't bad and we were at our home on Long Island slightly after 8am. We will have to redo our anniversary since I was not well. But overall, it was a memorable vacation with lots of great experiences. Most importantly, the kids enjoyed it. Would I go on this ship again? Yes, I believe I would do another cruise on Anthem.

Hope you are feeling better! Where on Long Island due you live? I am from Jericho. :)

Hi Sheryl & Family -

Thanks so much for the live review, I truly enjoyed it (and belated Happy Anniversary!). Happy to hear you're feeling better (sorry about the ER on your return home - ugh). Glad your DH got his certification (and sorry your DS had issues). I was following closely since it's my dream to SCUBA (but, the doctor just smashed my hopes last week). Just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your take on Anthem!

FYI - I'm from Farmingdale, but my Mom lives in Wantagh. Small world. :cool: