Seriously considering Aristocats catamaran 1/2 day (2 options)

LSKC

We sail Escape and port time is 7am-3pm...not a really long time to enjoy Tortola :( I thought we'd make the most of it by hoping on a catamaran right away and heading out to see the island by water and experience some snorkelling (pretty much first time for my kids - they are going to practice in the pool this summer).

Has anyone sailed the Aristocat? Recommend?

Which itinerary is more appealing (considering kids ages of 9, 14, 17):

1. Norman Island/Pirate's Bight/Indians

or

2. Salt/Cooper/Peter

Leaning more toward Itinerary #1 (Norman) but my 14 yo daughter loves sea turtles and is hoping to see some,...which I read may be more likely at Itinerary #2?

My family of 4 27 yo girl 12 yo son did patouche if you read their website it is deceiving he knows the Escape sailing time. Went to Virgin Gorda snorkeled and exploded then went to Cooper Island snorkeling and lunch back in plenty of time 2pm for sail away

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We sail Escape and port time is 7am-3pm...not a really long time to enjoy Tortola :( I thought we'd make the most of it by hoping on a catamaran right away and heading out to see the island by water and experience some snorkelling (pretty much first time for my kids - they are going to practice in the pool this summer).

Has anyone sailed the Aristocat? Recommend?

Which itinerary is more appealing (considering kids ages of 9, 14, 17):

1. Norman Island/Pirate's Bight/Indians

or

2. Salt/Cooper/Peter

Leaning more toward Itinerary #1 (Norman) but my 14 yo daughter loves sea turtles and is hoping to see some,...which I read may be more likely at Itinerary #2?

I think choosing a day sail for Tortola is a really great choice. This is what I would look into if we have Tortola as a port again. Back on the ship we heard amazing things about Norman Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did the Aristocat tour to Norman Island (the Caves), Pirates Bight, and the Indians... I would totally recommend this tour. Pick up point is very close to the cruise ship pier. Great crew, and drinks/food on board.

You should contact them directly and ask them what they'd recommend for you if the turtles are indeed your first choice. No guarantees, of course, and itineraries are also very weather dependent and can change. But they are the experts, and can give you the best guidance on the right itinerary for you. You don't want to book at the last minute, but you have lots of time before your cruise, and in January there can also be sea swells and they may recommend an itinerary based on that so be sure to let them know when you will be there.