Thanks to veteran Oceania cruisers

Artful

Since we booked our upcoming cruise on Regatta a few months ago, I have regularly enjoyed gathering info in the Oceania forum. Thanks to all you frequent Oceania cruisers for providing tips and valuable info! I have been entertained by some of the posts and threads, while also being dismayed at a few snide put downs here and there.

I am expecially grateful to the Preismans for their remarkable photo tour of the Regatta on a similar cruise a few years ago. I also have appreciated the helpful and sensitive responses offered by Mura - you deserve the prize IMHO for being both informative and kind. So are many other posters - you all know who you are.

I am looking forward to our cruise departing this Friday. We are booked in a concierge balcony, so I know the cabin will be small, the bathroom will be tiny, and the shower will be a minuscule bad joke. Being prepared is good. The menus have made my mouth water, so I'm looking forward to dining (especially the lobster and high tea). Planning is half the fun!

Good that the gastro bug has flown off the Regatta, hopefully for good. I hope to post a review on our return to clue in some other newbies on what to expect.

Linda

Thank you for your kind comments, Linda! It can be difficult writing where personal speech can be much clearer as to your intent. Many of us (including me) have been caught by this fact of life on the internet.

Have a great cruise. Our first "R" ship was Regatta but then she was the R2 with Renaissance. She remains our favorite for some reason ... Have a great cruise. You are leaving with the right expectations! Forewarned is forearmed!

Mura

Quote " We are booked in a concierge balcony, so I know the cabin will be small, the bathroom will be tiny, and the shower will be a minuscule bad joke. Being prepared is good. "

If that is what you are expecting I think you will be disappointed :p:p A balcony cabin, concierge or otherwise is none of those things!! Have a lovely time :cool: