Cabin suggestions for boardwalk balcony on any of the oasis class ships.

We were on the HOTS in February, our first mega ship and our first Boardwalk Balcony which was near the aft (11719). We were a bit surprised (and somewhat relieved!), how much we loved it! We usually book balcony or JS cabins, but thought we would try the BB and since we were on a B2B we were a bit nervous. Although the balcony was small, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the balcony and could enjoy the view of the ocean, the activity below, or watch the zipliners. We actually sat out more than we usually do (and we have had the large aft balconies!) The room steward even brought me a stool to use. But, we are not sun worshipers and prefer the shade so maybe that helps. The walk was probably good for us!

We didn't find it too noisy. We kept our curtains open during the day and didn't feel that our privacy was compromised. However, we did close the curtains once it started getting dark. And for good reason.

We've both commented that it was one of our favorite cruises (and we have been on close to 30). Of course, with the great shows, excellent food (another surprise), so many places to hang out, and all the activities offered you just can't ask for more.

To each his own, but we can't wait to go on a Mega ship again and will book another BB:):):)

We were on Oasis (first time on a Oasis Class ship) last month and booked 12,319. We usually book balconies but don't sit out much on them.

Pluses:

Great views aft of the Aqua Theatre and the wake.

Interesting watching life on the boardwalk below

Balcony handy for drying clothes (arent they all)

Could check the breakfast line at Johnny Rockets

Couldnt see into the opposite rooms unless the inner curtains had been left open (and presumably vice versa)

Cons:

Shaded a lot of the time (though it didn't bother us)

Noise from the sports court at times (shouting mainly)

The occasional scream from someone on the zip line above.

Noise from the boardwalk (Carousel Bell, Kids Screaming) which even though we were on deck 12 carried upwards. You can still hear the noise with the balcony door shut but only really bothered us if trying to get a nap in the afternoon. No noise noticed at night.

IMG_1313_1.jpg

IMG_1377_1.jpg

We have 11725 a Boardwalk Balcony cabin. 3rd from the back.

It's just me and hubby and so looking forward to ordering room service, drink my wine and watching the Aqua Shows, movies and any other Boardwalk entertainment without leaving my cabin.:D

Sitting on my balcony reading a book and admiring that aft ocean view! The best of both worlds for us.:cool:

We were in 10327 on Allure. Don't plan on comfortably watching movies - you're either standing up at the edge of the balcony or sitting down looking through the glass at a poor angle.

We were glad we tried it and it was fine, but wouldn't do any balcony except ocean view in the future.

It was our first Oasis class ship, and we were surprised how often there were few people on the boardwalk except before or after an aqua show. If Johnny Rockets wasn't there it would have been a ghost town quite often (the pictures in post 28 is what it usually looked like).

I am currently on Allure cabin is 4 from the end. For reference, I counted 100 steps from the aft elevator bank to our room. It looks very long as you stare down the hallway but doesn't take much time at all to walk it.

We really love the boardwalk balcony. I think an ocean view would be better for people who just like quiet and relaxing time. But I like to stay busy and love watching all the activity down on the boardwalk while also being able to see the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed cabin 10329 on Oasis in 2013 and have the exact same cabin booked on Allure the end of this month. We clearly loved the location and never once did we experience a noise problem, the various views are great!! We really liked floor 10 for its convenience up/down to any number of things - and the walk down the hallway is great for walking off all those extra calories from eating and drinking ;)