Customer Support Supervisor says ALL 3 cabin members of spa cabin get perks

gardn198

Thank you! I keep hearing people talk about PVPs but how do you get one? My friend (the bride) is calling now and is on the phone with a senior supervisor so we'll see what happens. In the future we understand this but since they told us wrong info up front, we're fighting it. Next time I will just book a regular cabin and not deal with this hassle.

The best way is to get a recommendation. I wish I could give you his name but I can't on here.

I made a call to Carnival to inquire about a PH cabin. I was quoted $ 1180.60 all in. I asked how could that be, because a Jr. Suite was over $5K. She said it was because the windows were small and the cabin is considered an interior. She made an error. She quoted a Port Hole instead of a Penthouse.

Anyone can make an error, and common sense and the law allow for errors without penalty. If you saw a new Mercedes advertised in the paper for $500 instead of $50,000 you could talk to everyone in the company as well as a visit to the grave of Karl Benz, but your never going to get that price.

Were I you I would speak softly to upper management about the misunderstanding and attempt to compromise and meet in the middle for some on board credit or faster to the fun for your party, and you purchase the spa pass.

I made a call to Carnival to inquire about a PH cabin. I was quoted $ 1180.60 all in. I asked how could that be, because a Jr. Suite was over $5K. She said it was because the windows were small and the cabin is considered an interior. She made an error. She quoted a Port Hole instead of a Penthouse.

Anyone can make an error, and common sense and the law allow for errors without penalty. If you saw a new Mercedes advertised in the paper for $500 instead of $50,000 you could talk to everyone in the company as well as a visit to the grave of Karl Benz, but your never going to get that price.

Were I you I would speak softly to upper management about the misunderstanding and attempt to compromise and meet in the middle for some on board credit or faster to the fun for your party, and you purchase the spa pass.

Your examples are quite obvious errors. But in the OP's case it is not so obvious. When you are talking about 6 people in 2 cabins the price difference would be very small and not a glaring error.

So here again everyone is blaming the passenger, and Carnival is always right even if they give out wrong information that the passenger relies on to book. Passenger=wrong. Carnival=right. She wasn't told the correct information and only found it out here. Hooray for Cruise Critic, otherwise she would be having this problem once onboard and would make the cruise unpleasant. Hopefully they will come to some resolution that is fair.

I know the information is on Carnival's website when you are booking on line but what about if you are booking on the phone. If they told her all 3 in each cabin would get the spa privileges then they should.

Your examples are quite obvious errors. But in the OP's case it is not so obvious. When you are talking about 6 people in 2 cabins the price difference would be very small and not a glaring error.

So here again everyone is blaming the passenger, and Carnival is always right even if they give out wrong information that the passenger relies on to book. Passenger=wrong. Carnival=right. She wasn't told the correct information and only found it out here. Hooray for Cruise Critic, otherwise she would be having this problem once onboard and would make the cruise unpleasant. Hopefully they will come to some resolution that is fair.

I know the information is on Carnival's website when you are booking on line but what about if you are booking on the phone. If they told her all 3 in each cabin would get the spa privileges then they should.

Thank you, and yes - I agree. I wouldn't put that poor rep through hell to get a cabin for a fraction of the cost! That's just mean spirited! In this case, after I heard the "rumor" on Cruise Critic, I even went and checked the help site on Carnival. It explicitly states: "Guests in Cloud 9 Spa accommodations have have private access to the spa...etc...For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thermal Suites, Thalassotherapy Pool* or large spa whirlpool*, we do offer day passes and week long passes that can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa"

It says "guests who purchase spa staterooms". It does not say "the first 2 guests who purchase spa staterooms." this is on their HELP site. The only way it says only the first 2 guests is if you book online, it prompts you. Otherwise, for guests who book over the phone and even check the help site to confirm, they would assume all 3 guests in the room have access.

Thank you! I keep hearing people talk about PVPs but how do you get one? My friend (the bride) is calling now and is on the phone with a senior supervisor so we'll see what happens. In the future we understand this but since they told us wrong info up front, we're fighting it. Next time I will just book a regular cabin and not deal with this hassle.

According to your story, upon booking on the phone in a scramble without doing your​ typical OCD research ahead of time, it was not explained the spa access is only for the first two guests. That doesn't qualify as being provided wrong information - it's considered an error by omission.

You did your research after the fact and found the full information not coddled your way by the order taker and went into a full on hissy, made worse by supposedly getting told something in clear contradiction to everything in writing.

Fight on, sister. I hope you badger them into giving in (but I for one ain't holdin' my breath) so you and the bridal brigaid can destress over the horror this whole experience has caused. That's about as likely as Carnival ponying up two free spa passes after the bride's sob story.

I just have to say I cannot believe the amount of time and energy you have spent arguing with people

On the site. You asked a question and numerous people providing you exactly what the policy is. And yet you continue to argue and argue. What's the point? If this was told to you on the phone (twice you are now saying) carnival should be able to easily pull the recording of those convos and verify it for you. You are seriously gaining nothing by continually posting about this. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to your story, upon booking on the phone in a scramble without doing your​ typical OCD research ahead of time, it was not explained the spa access is only for the first two guests. That doesn't qualify as being provided wrong information - it's considered an error by omission.

You did your research after the fact and found the full information not coddled your way by the order taker and went into a full on hissy, made worse by supposedly getting told something in clear contradiction to everything in writing.

Fight on, sister. I hope you badger them into giving in (but I for one ain't holdin' my breath) so you and the bridal brigaid can destress over the horror this whole experience has caused. That's about as likely as Carnival ponying up two free spa passes after the bride's sob story.

If CruiseCritic did not exist, through Carnival's site I would have never learned otherwise. The only way I would have been made aware of the situation is if I had booked a mock booking again (after I had already booked, which would make no sense). Based on my interaction with Carnival, I would have shown up to the cruise and been blindsided. I appreciate this site for its amazing resource of information, however Carnival's site should be accurate (it's not unless you actually make the booking through the site- help site is wrong). Carnival should not rely on third party sites like Cruise Critic to get correct information out to their customers. Period. End of story.

I don't think the reps lie. They're just untrained, which is very typical of Carnival. This is why a good TA is worth his or her weight in gold. They know all the things the cruise line sales reps are never taught.

We know much more because we read about lots of different issues.

Not so much untrained as uninformed.

Just booked a charity group cruise though a 16 year-PVP. She never knew that a Charity group perk existed. (Pax don't get perks, Carnival matches a set upcharge added to the fare.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rule of thumb: always believe what you see in writing (in this case, on the website) over anything that someone says verbally. Sales reps, in any company or industry, will say anything to make a sale. It's up to the consumer to be informed in their decision regardless of what the salesperson tells them. It sucks, but it's true.

What about elderly (or non tech-savvy) customers who never use the web interface and solely book through the phone? Should they be expected to read minds and ask the illogical question that each person in the cabin should have the same perks? The answer is no. It is the agent's responsibility to inform the customer of the terms and they did not.

Rule of thumb: always believe what you see in writing (in this case, on the website) over anything that someone says verbally. Sales reps, in any company or industry, will say anything to make a sale. It's up to the consumer to be informed in their decision regardless of what the salesperson tells them. It sucks, but it's true.

The website says all guests who purchase spa cabins have access. On the help site. The only place it says otherwise is if you make a mock booking and it tells you there - but if you're already booked (via phone) why would anyone think to make a mock booking? It just doesn't make sense. They should update their help site to include that information.

I just called and asked to speak to a supervisor named Misty and she said that all three get the perks.

I am mad because my friend called and talked to a SUPERVISOR who assured us all 3 would be allowed access (even after she had been told no by a regular rep and then connected to a supervisor who said yes)

So, both you and your friend talked to a supervisor and were told that? Is Misty the one that told her?

So, both you and your friend talked to a supervisor and were told that? Is Misty the one that told her?

It was my friend who spoke to Misty. I wrote it as me for brevity's sake, and because I wasn't expecting to have to come back and say I called to confirm and got a different answer. In short, my friend called, spoke to Misty and got a "yes" but no proof in writing as someone suggested. I called back and asked and said my friend spoke to "Misty" but the rep I spoke to said no. So now we had a yes from a supervisor with no proof. And a different Rep telling me a different answer.

My name isn't Misty that was the supervisor's name who told us we all get free access to the spa ;p. $50 adds up considering we already all had to pay $50pp to switch ships so that's yet another $50 we need to pay again.

nvm question was already answered

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

If CruiseCritic did not exist, through Carnival's site I would have never learned otherwise. The only way I would have been made aware of the situation is if I had booked a mock booking again (after I had already booked, which would make no sense). Based on my interaction with Carnival, I would have shown up to the cruise and been blindsided. I appreciate this site for its amazing resource of information, however Carnival's site should be accurate (it's not unless you actually make the booking through the site- help site is wrong). Carnival should not rely on third party sites like Cruise Critic to get correct information out to their customers. Period. End of story.

The first two passenger policy has been in place for quite some time.

I found this really awesome site with ALL their menus and stuff, and it's actually from their official site but I can't figure out how to navigate to anything but the menus, and I was wondering if anyone had the spa menu and price list? My mom's a massage therapist so I don't really need a massage but a pedicure might be nice! :-)

Here's the site with the menus

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

My name isn't Misty that was the supervisor's name who told us we all get free access to the spa ;p. $50 adds up considering we already all had to pay $50pp to switch ships so that's yet another $50 we need to pay again.

Understand your anger, however, my understanding is you decided to take charge of this trip, you booked without due diligence of what you were booking, now you are angry that you were not familiar with terms of that booking including changing ships and penalties and costs incurred. We all figured out pretty quickly that these reps are minimally trained, basically order takers. Sorry for your predicament, but buyer is responsible to know what they are buying. Again, lesson learned and truly hope you all have a terrific bachelorette trip.

Dee

I just did a mock booking and it never said anything about spa benefits at all for 2 or 3 -- nothing.

I didn't like deck 11 spa balcony. Too far to get to Lido marketplace with a bum knee. Very far from trivia. Didn't like the T-pool seating--rows of bars to sit on, ugh. Liked the warm loungers. Got a great hair cut.

Ask 5 people at Carnival, you'll get 5 answers.

I have a great PVP. Called her yesterday to get out of the spa balcony. I booked on board in January and the jerk who sold it was told several times I didn't want early saver but that's what is was put in as. No changing anything. My PVP got it changed for me. This will be my 31st Carnival cruise, that had something to do with it.

Understand your anger, however, my understanding is you decided to take charge of this trip, you booked without due diligence of what you were booking, now you are angry that you were not familiar with terms of that booking including changing ships and penalties and costs incurred. We all figured out pretty quickly that these reps are minimally trained, basically order takers. Sorry for your predicament, but buyer is responsible to know what they are buying. Again, lesson learned and truly hope you all have a terrific bachelorette trip.

Dee

I have to say that while I normally agree with doing your due diligence, it seems that this OP did do just that. She booked and talked to a rep. She read a difference here on CC, then went to Carnival website to confirm. She specifically found information stating the below (copied from Carnival FAQ)....

"Guests in Cloud 9 Spa accommodations have private access to the spa and are eligible for exclusive spa packages and discounts. These staterooms and suites have additional in-room, spa-related amenities and decor different than other accommodations - in harmony with the soothing and relaxing theme of the Cloud 9 Spa."

That is it. It says nothing about a third or fourth person on the site. Even if she had gone there before booking on the phone (not online), it wouldn't have helped this situation.

I got the above by searching "Spa Cabin". Nothing different comes up when you search "Cabins" or "Spa". For those saying she should have done her due diligence, what else could she have done? Should a customer have to do a mock booking online just to confirm the rep they talked to didn't forget something? That is nuts.

I hope this gets worked out and a compromise is reached. This time, I am totally on the OP's side. Carnival needs to update their website if that is the way it is.

As for the comment "The first two passenger policy has been in place for quite some time.", unless you normally book a Spa cabin how would anyone know the policy if it isn't stated correctly on the website? I have spent countless hours on Cruise Critic and on the Carnival site. I have researched until my head hurts. But, I have never researched a Spa cabin as I have never been interested in booking one.

I have to say that while I normally agree with doing your due diligence, it seems that this OP did do just that. She booked and talked to a rep. She read a difference here on CC, then went to Carnival website to confirm. She specifically found information stating the below (copied from Carnival FAQ)....

"Guests in Cloud 9 Spa accommodations have private access to the spa and are eligible for exclusive spa packages and discounts. These staterooms and suites have additional in-room, spa-related amenities and decor different than other accommodations - in harmony with the soothing and relaxing theme of the Cloud 9 Spa."

That is it. It says nothing about a third or fourth person on the site. Even if she had gone there before booking on the phone (not online), it wouldn't have helped this situation.

I got the above by searching "Spa Cabin". Nothing different comes up when you search "Cabins" or "Spa". For those saying she should have done her due diligence, what else could she have done? Should a customer have to do a mock booking online just to confirm the rep they talked to didn't forget something? That is nuts.

I hope this gets worked out and a compromise is reached. This time, I am totally on the OP's side. Carnival needs to update their website if that is the way it is.

As for the comment "The first two passenger policy has been in place for quite some time.", unless you normally book a Spa cabin how would anyone know the policy if it isn't stated correctly on the website? I have spent countless hours on Cruise Critic and on the Carnival site. I have researched until my head hurts. But, I have never researched a Spa cabin as I have never been interested in booking one.

Thank you for defending me! That's what I've been trying to say all along! If the only way to find out is to make a mock booking (our rooms are sold out btw so it's not even possible unless I tried a balcony spa room - which again why would anyone do that if they've already booked their cruise) and the info on the site is wrong coupled with the phone rep not stating this - how the hell could any reasonable person be expected to think otherwise? I'm so glad this site exists or we would have been blindsided and had to come up with an extra $300 at the very start of our vacation! Not a great way to start!