Diamond Perks

punkybett

DH and I both became diamond in Feb 2016 but have not received the luggage tags, passport holders or steakhouse dinner vouchers. Diamond desk says they don't mail them anymore, they will be in your cabin on the next cruise. Of course they weren't, so we asked at guest services, who say , no, we don't have them on the ship, they will be mailed to you. Called Diamond desk again, same answer, they have them on the ship! A trivial problem, I know, but I earned my stuff and I want it. Anyone else received theirs lately?

Freedom (2/25/17) was both my Diamond and milestone cruise. I got the luggage tag and passport holder, Tervis tumblers, water and strawberry delight. Received the steakhouse voucher (letter) and will use on Legend to Alaska cruise in May. Went to Captain's cocktail party- we took 2 group pictures and got free copies. Diamonds were called on stage during Dia/Plat reunion and received a free pic of the group shot. I won a plaque for guess the ship but no pics were taken with CD. I have read posts of people getting milestone cruise 'treats' but I didn't. Wrong move on my part to do both cruises at the same time? I used to have to remind guest services about my Platinum gifts so missing the milestone treats did not come as a surprise. I did not think it was worth another visit to guest services so I just enjoyed the other perks and thanked Carnival.

I've been Diamond now for a year and a half and 3 cruises ago. I have never received anything as yet. I was told they were on the ships and then we were just on the Pride and they didn't have anything. I called the Diamond desk and they said the ships have them. Again not a big deal but I agree. If they say you are supposed to get them then you should get them.

I received my Diamond "gifts" in the mail. The luggage tags lasted one plane ride before they got torn off. I have a much nicer passport holder which also houses our Global Entry Cards, so that was not used at all. However, the letter for the complimentary Steakhouse dinner was presented to the Maitre'D on my next cruise (Vista) for the freebie meal, yeah!

I would call back the Diamond Desk, they are supposed to be able to resolve any situations like this.

I too am in the same boat. Turned Diamond in November on Vista Repo Cruise, was told they mail everything AFTER you are diamond. Called the diamond desk and told that it is available on board now. On Glory, guest services said they don't have them. Will be calling the diamond desk again this week, before heading out on Magic this summer. They seem to be struggling in this area.

Freedom (2/25/17) Went to Captain's cocktail party- we took 2 group pictures and got free copies. Diamonds were called on stage during Dia/Plat reunion and received a free pic of the group shot. I won a plaque for guess the ship but no pics were taken with CD.

Mom turned Diamond on a cruise last March. At the Diamond/Platinum party, a picture was taken of the Diamond guests and the officers. She never received the picture. When we asked the cruise director, asst. cd, and the head of the Carnival customer service on twitter (who was on the cruise), we were told no picture was taken. But we know for a fact that there was because I took a picture the around the same time the photographer took the official picture.

Mom received her Diamond gifts (luggage tag and passport holder) and letter on her following cruise in December. I also turned Diamond on that December cruise and received the gifts and letter in the cabin.

Freedom (2/25/17) was both my Diamond and milestone cruise. I got the luggage tag and passport holder, Tervis tumblers, water and strawberry delight. Received the steakhouse voucher (letter) and will use on Legend to Alaska cruise in May. Went to Captain's cocktail party- we took 2 group pictures and got free copies. Diamonds were called on stage during Dia/Plat reunion and received a free pic of the group shot. I won a plaque for guess the ship but no pics were taken with CD. I have read posts of people getting milestone cruise 'treats' but I didn't. Wrong move on my part to do both cruises at the same time? I used to have to remind guest services about my Platinum gifts so missing the milestone treats did not come as a surprise. I did not think it was worth another visit to guest services so I just enjoyed the other perks and thanked Carnival.

I have been on 90 Carnival cruises and have never gotten a milestone "treat" other than my sail and sign card having the 25-50-75 milestone cruise on it.

DH and I both became diamond in Feb 2016 but have not received the luggage tags, passport holders or steakhouse dinner vouchers. Diamond desk says they don't mail them anymore, they will be in your cabin on the next cruise. Of course they weren't, so we asked at guest services, who say , no, we don't have them on the ship, they will be mailed to you. Called Diamond desk again, same answer, they have them on the ship! A trivial problem, I know, but I earned my stuff and I want it. Anyone else received theirs lately?

You had best call the Diamond desk again and keep em on their toes, lacking is not a word with Carnival these days , it's a hobby. :confused: :o

I have been on 90 Carnival cruises and have never gotten a milestone "treat" other than my sail and sign card having the 25-50-75 milestone cruise on it.

You had best call the Diamond desk again and keep em on their toes, lacking is not a word with Carnival these days , it's a hobby. :halo: :D

My wife and I are in the same 'boat' -- turned Diamond on the Magic this past January. No gift and no Steakhouse letter. Sailed on the Elation in March and still no gift or letter. (Of course, the Elation doesn't have a Steakhouse, so that may be why.)

Spoke with our PVP last week and she is calling the Diamond Desk before our next cruise. Our experience with her is that when she makes phone calls on our behalf, things get done.

We became Diamond last November. I went to Guest Services and asked for our Steakhouse voucher and I also got the luggage tags and passport holder. We were on the Vista. We really enjoy the Diamond parties too, so far we have had a lunch and a cocktail party. It all depends on how many Diamonds are on board.

2 more cruises and I'll be Diamond. I was just on Magic. Didn't get the plate of goodies. Didn't get debarkation instructions for where and when to meet. Had to ask for the water. When I asked steward for debark for Platinum/Diamond he gave me the regular one as he was unaware there is a different procedure.

Never got any milestone gift other than the white card.

My husband became Diamond two cruises before me. He didn't receive anything yet. When I turn Diamond I had everything waiting in the cabin upon arrival. We have been getting the run around as well from Carnival. Called Diamond Desk and they said it would be in the cabin on the next cruise....it wasn't. Came home and the Diamond Desk said...just go to Guest Services and they will take care of it. So when we go on our next cruise I will go to the Service Desk and if it isn't straightened out....I will request that they call the Diamond Desk with me right there and hopefully get to the bottom of it. Seems to be some real serious inconsistencies regarding this.