Air2Sea

My in laws are sailing on the Freedom out of Barcelona in September and I'm trying to help them book flights. I've never used Air2Sea and tried searching on here but couldn't find much info. Can someone breakdown the benefits? Does the site show you flight times that will insure you get on/off the ship at appropriate times? I've read that RCCL would be responsible for getting you to ship if there's a delay in your flight but does anyone have experience with this? Also, the departure time offered departs at 10am the morning the ship returns. I know that ships usually reach port on disembarkation day early but will they have enough time with going through customs to check in at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight because it's an international flight?

Also they are going to purchase insurance through RCCL because my father in law has some health issues, will the flights be covered if they book with air2sea (I know this info is available somewhere online but I thought maybe someone would know from experience before I read pages of documents lol)

Here's the flights they are interested in taking. But I'm concerned they will be cutting it to close with the times offered. But if RCCL with back them up if there's a delay then it's okay.

11e6919236bb645c731694aad0810804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The benefit to me is significantly less expensive airfare for one-way international flights.

Royal's insurance still covers flights booked through Air2Sea.

Barcelona international airport is only 20-25 minutes from the port.

Sometimes Barcelona (Reus) airport is used but this is about 75 miles away and about one and a half hours away by taxi.

43 cruises and counting.

Barcelona international airport is only 20-25 minutes from the port.

Sometimes Barcelona (Reus) airport is used but this is about 75 miles away and about one and a half hours away by taxi.

43 cruises and counting.

We always make sure the Barcelona destination airport is BCN.

While doing a same day arrival may work domestically, it's a bit more of a gamble on an international flight. You may want to look at moving up the arrival by a day. Making the 10:40AM departure flight should be OK as long as the ship is on time.

For International, I would definitely use Air2Sea - not just for the price, but also for the peace of mind. Even domestic I prefer using Air2Sea versus booking on my own just for the peace of mind should there be delays, they will get me to the ship somehow.

We used Air2Sea last year when we sailed out of Barcelona on The Harmony. Not only was it less expensive, but I loved having the peace of mind that RCCL would guarantee getting me to the port. One thing I would definitely suggest is to book them to come in a day or 2 early if possible to get over the jet lag and adjust to the time difference. That way they wont be exhausted on embarkation day. If you decide to keep that flight on departure day, just make sure RCCL knows they have an early flight so they can get an early debarkation time. That is such a great cruise! They are going to love it!