Need Advice for Some Beach Time Near Crown Bay

njgirl

Docking at Crown Bay & looking for advise for a beach not too far away.

Emerald Beach / Lindbergh Bay seems close. Which hotel is best for renting chairs where we can have shade and/or umbrellas?

Also can someone tell me about Honeymoon Beach on Water Island? It is a ferry ride next to Tickles Restaurant but what do I do / where do I go once I get to Water Island?

Thanks !

You have the 2 choices in Lindbergh Bay, Emerald Beach Resort and Island Beachcomber. Emerald is a little more like a hotel/resort experience while the Islander has a more "casual vibe" to us. Both are fine, you'll probably like the Emerald.

If you use the Search function for "Honeymoon Beach on Water Island" or "Water Island" you'll find tons of posts. There is a small ferry that you need tokens for, when dropped at Water Island you can walk to Honeymoon Beach but it is a trek. Often there is a ride offered for tips, and when available you can rent a golf cart. But be aware that HB is a very busy, little beach today and with a ship docked at Crown it will be crowded. Excursions on day sails and powerboats also get dropped in front of Dinghy's Beach Bar and take up much of the swimming section of the beach. And the return ferry fills up easily and has to return for folks so leave yourself extra time in case that happens to you.

We'd recommend Lindbergh Bay...

You have the 2 choices in Lindbergh Bay, Emerald Beach Resort and Island Beachcomber. Emerald is a little more like a hotel/resort experience while the Islander has a more "casual vibe" to us. Both are fine, you'll probably like the Emerald.

If you use the Search function for "Honeymoon Beach on Water Island" or "Water Island" you'll find tons of posts. There is a small ferry that you need tokens for, when dropped at Water Island you can walk to Honeymoon Beach but it is a trek. Often there is a ride offered for tips, and when available you can rent a golf cart. But be aware that HB is a very busy, little beach today and with a ship docked at Crown it will be crowded. Excursions on day sails and powerboats also get dropped in front of Dinghy's Beach Bar and take up much of the swimming section of the beach. And the return ferry fills up easily and has to return for folks so leave yourself extra time in case that happens to you.

We'd recommend Lindbergh Bay...

Thanks Blue_Water for your tips and recommendations.

Don't want to fight the crowds & worry about the return ferry ride !

HB isn't as terrible an option as I made it sound, and sorry if I offended folks who love it. It is a nice, small beach and there are a couple of good food options and free lounges when available. It's just become so popular over the years that you just want to be aware of the potential for crowds and that the ferry makes several runs because it is small. Lingbergh also attracts many people but it is an easier option, let's put it that way :p