Carnival cruise advice.

Treed4016

My wife and I will be cruising on the Paradise on August 5. We will be going to Cozumel and Roatan, we were wondering about excursions, which ones should we do? Which ones should we avoid? Is there anyway to get excursions not through Carnival or is it better to use theirs? What are some things we cannot miss in these ports? Thank you for any advice you can give us.

Treed, it's such an open question. What do you want to do? water? land? AI. Ages of people, activity levels? There are several shore excursion websites. We find we get much better trips, less people, more personalized with private tours. For us CCL tours start at the crack of dawn, not what we are looking for on vacation.

It was!! We got the cabana, two chaos on the deck, two chairs on the sand and four floats plus pop and water. There was a bar/restaurant that we could order from too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Treed, for example, my wife and I do not like to sit on the beach and eat and drink all day. Of course, there is nothing wrong with hanging out on a beach or an AI. We prefer, Catamaran rides, snorkeling, cave tubing, diving, zip lines and such. Cater your shore trips to what is fun for you. This is why I suggested some excursion sites.

My wife and I will be cruising on the Paradise on August 5. We will be going to Cozumel and Roatan, we were wondering about excursions, which ones should we do? Which ones should we avoid? Is there anyway to get excursions not through Carnival or is it better to use theirs? What are some things we cannot miss in these ports? Thank you for any advice you can give us.

We don't know what you like.

Bodden tours in Roatan. Website

We did the fun-n-sun tour and had a great time.

I would second Nachi for Cozumel, excellent food, great service, there is a guy walking around with a menu with upcharge activites, he asks once if you are interested in anything, if no he leaves you alone for the rest of the day.

In Cozumel, try The Money Bar. It's about a 10 minute cab ride. Great food (try the ceviche, best I've had), outdoor seating, snorkeling equipment available to rent. Not terribly busy both times I've been. Just a nice place to relax!

My husband and I are both 27 now too. In 2014 we were on a cruise that went to Cozumel and we did the deluxe catamaran snorkel and beach. It was so much fun we plan to do it again on our cruise in August this year! The snorkeling is pretty and fun. The guys who run the Excursion swim around with fish food in their pockets and lots of fish come around and they guys will take photos of you with all the fish. After snorkeling it is open bar with beer and margaritas and they take you to a private beach where there are big inflatable trampolines and obstacle course type things in the water. The beach is open bar too and there are lots of lounge chairs and picnic tables to relax at. There is also food for purchase at the beach. We really loved this one.

Treed, for example, my wife and I do not like to sit on the beach and eat and drink all day. Of course, there is nothing wrong with hanging out on a beach or an AI. We prefer, Catamaran rides, snorkeling, cave tubing, diving, zip lines and such. Cater your shore trips to what is fun for you. This is why I suggested some excursion sites.

I agree check out other excursion sites we are in our 60's and been parasailing, SEA TREK which is u walk on the ocean floor, BOBS underwater scooter, Zip lining sure the beaches are beautiful but we like a little more excitement so whatever you choose you will enjoy your cruise.

Nachi Cocom in Cozumel - love it because they limit the number of people they admit much more than the other beaches, the service is great (ask for Carlos!)

In Roatan we love Maya Key for snorkeling - go off the end of the pier and go out about 20 - 30 feet- there's a drop-off with a wall of coral. It's beautiful - the water turns from turquoise to cobalt. I could snorkel there all day. And their lunch is great too.