RCCI Transfer from airport to ship - Buy transfer with resp at baggage claim?

We want to take the ship's transfer from the airport to the pier but RCCL won't allow us to purchase the transfers in advance since we are flying in the day before. RCCL will only let you pre-purchase transfers if you are flying in on the day of embarkation. We are staying at an airport hotel so we are thinking of just showing up in baggage claim the next day and trying to purchase the transfer to the ship at that time. Has anyone done this?

We have kids so we are having trouble with the car seat issue - we can't take cab to the port, a private car with rented car seats is crazy expensive, and our hotel does not have a shuttle to the port.

Any advice is welcome!

We want to take the ship's transfer from the airport to the pier but RCCL won't allow us to purchase the transfers in advance since we are flying in the day before. RCCL will only let you pre-purchase transfers if you are flying in on the day of embarkation. We are staying at an airport hotel so we are thinking of just showing up in baggage claim the next day and trying to purchase the transfer to the ship at that time. Has anyone done this?

We have kids so we are having trouble with the car seat issue - we can't take cab to the port, a private car with rented car seats is crazy expensive, and our hotel does not have a shuttle to the port.

Any advice is welcome!

We use Uber from the hotel. Actually we used Uber XL last time for more room and it was way cheaper than a taxi or a shuttle. It took the guy about 5 minutes to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use Uber from the hotel. Actually we used Uber XL last time for more room and it was way cheaper than a taxi or a shuttle. It took the guy about 5 minutes to show up.

I've never used Uber - can you order a driver that can provide two car seats (My guess would be no...but I'd be happy to be wrong)

I've never used Uber - can you order a driver that can provide two car seats (My guess would be no...but I'd be happy to be wrong)

Sorry, I guess I rushed that reply. I've never needed the car seats so I just don't know but it's doubtful. You could check the Uber app and see if there are any options there.

In Florida, there was a car seat option on the app but I'm not sure if the option is available every where.

Gregg

Our travel agent was able to get us booked from airport to ship but not ship back to airport. We are also flying in a day early and RCCI rep told our travel agent computer would let us book round trip. But we could go to purser when we got on ship to make arrangements.

If you didn't book flights with Air to Sea could you just give them a fake flight and arrival time (I mean it needs to be a real flight, you just won't be on it) and you just get yourself back to the airport??