St. Petersburg(Russia)?? Imperial night at catherine palace

yazoosail

Has anyone taken this tour, either last year or this? Is it an informative & enlightening experience, or is it a hokey, nonsensical event? Welcome comment from all. as the price is higher than dinner & Broadway show. Thanx in advance--Dennis

My wife and I did the tour last May. It was quite enjoyable. We got the tour of the palace first. It was limited to Princess passengers because it was at night. As you went through several rooms there were people dressed in period clothing playing music. You end up in the ballroom where there is a quartet playing to sip champagne. Catherine walks in and you see some dancing and toasting before Catherine invites you to the courtyard for a small marching band display. You then get to tour an adjoining carriage museum. Finished off by a nice dinner with some folk dancers and more music. It was very nice. Talking with others on the cruise, however, you can hardly go wrong with any of the tours or even with the noght entertainment on board the ship. We chose this tour because we had heard that Catherine's Palace was impressive which it is. The recreated Amber Room is amazing.

One couple at our table on the 5/19 cruise did this and said it was fabulous. I've also read previous reviews that raved about it. Do it and enjoy! The palace is beautiful!

Cruisin' Chris

Plus one more later in 04 or Q1 05!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000  5/9/04 Golden Princess Transatlantic

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I did that tour back in 1992. It was definitely worth it. The palace was amazing. They cut the dinner portion from the tour a few days prior because they couldn't located a restaurant up to snuff. (Remember, this was only months after the fall of the Soviet Union.) They set off some fireworks outside and one of them malfunctioned and set the grass on fire! It was pretty funny. I'm sure things have improved since then.

Pacific Princess '03; Royal Princess '02,'98,'94,'92; Star Princess '02 (new),'90 (old); Grand Princess '00; Pearl '95; Norway '83

HOW ABOUT A REVIEW FROM A PASSENGER ON THE GRAND BALTIC? I AM GOING 7/26 AND WOULD BE INTERESTED in tour reccommendations.Also, anyone have a 6:30 dinner? Is there enough time to make that work?

I still find the search feature on this board not working. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Oskidunker

Archived