UberX vs. UberXL

ssbeard1

Thanks! I read the Uber site - even though it said X will fit up to 4 people, I also said it could be a Fit or Prius, etc. up to a Camry - I knew we would be safe with a Camry but wasn't sure about a Fit - wanted a real lift experience opinion.

You won't have a problem with X with two people and 2 medium bags.

We one time ( out of many uses) , had a X driver who actually had a big box of his stuff in his trunk. So our two large bags would barely fit. When DH then started to put my wheeled carry on inside the car, the driver said no, he didn't want bags on his interior. We were not happy, but just cancelled and reordered. He was a jerk, and we let him know if he's doing pickups

at an airport, he should consider cleaning out his trunk.:mad: This wasn't in FL.

Any car can fit that, even a fit. I have had small cars to F-150s and Suburbans in Uberx. I travel a lot in groups of 4 with 4 carry on bags, never have I once had an issue with 4 people and 4 bags (carry on size) for an Uberx.

Planning on using Uber for the first time in September out of FLL to Miami hotel. Will UberX work for two girls and two large-ish suitcases?! :confused:

You should be fine with UberX

UberX should work easily for two or three people with luggage. With no luggage 4 could ride. I drove for Uber for a bit with a Prius, no problem with 4.

If you have never used Uber before, there is always a promotion for first time riders. With a referral from an existing rider, both people get $15 off their ride with a referral code.

Should you need a code, use mine. 6y3g9

Neal

• 4 weeks later...

As stated you would be fine with X. Sometimes the car size is not representative of the luggage capacity. I have a large 'luxury' sedan and we typically travel with two sizeable suitcases that don't quite fit in the trunk. We had an Uber X pick up with a Toyota Corolla (I believe) and told the driver there was no way he could get the suitcases in the trunk. He sized things up and said no problem and to my amazement he was correct.

Also from my experience it is not unusual to get larger cars when using Uber X- I have had Dodge Chargers, and older Mercedes sedans from FLL.

Will an Uber x be okay for two people with two carryons and two largish suitcases?

Should be no problem at all, Hatteras51. You're going to get a 4 door vehicle with a decent trunk.

Neal