Departing Cape Liberty?

Lightngsvt

Hello, We will be taking our first cruise out of NJ on the Celebrity Summit this September. Would a 12:45pm flight leave enough time to de-board the ship, find luggage, clear Customs and get transportation to the airport since we dont dock until 8:00am? I like to have a little wiggle room when getting to the airport too. I was just comparing booking direct on Delta with Celebrity Choice Air, I dont even see the 12:45pm flight through Celebrity which is why I question the timing.

Hello, We will be taking our first cruise out of NJ on the Celebrity Summit this September. Would a 12:45pm flight leave enough time to de-board the ship, find luggage, clear Customs and get transportation to the airport since we dont dock until 8:00am? I like to have a little wiggle room when getting to the airport too. I was just comparing booking direct on Delta with Celebrity Choice Air, I dont even see the 12:45pm flight through Celebrity which is why I question the timing.

12:45 should be fine. It's a Sunday, which is the easiest traffic day of the week. The airport is 11 miles away. Just to be comfortable, I would plan on self disembarking or ensuring you have a low number. I would also book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to be waiting for you between 9:30 and 10.

12:45 should be fine. It's a Sunday, which is the easiest traffic day of the week. The airport is 11 miles away. Just to be comfortable, I would plan on self disembarking or ensuring you have a low number. I would also book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to be waiting for you between 9:30 and 10.

Any reason not to just use a taxi? We'll be arriving back into Cape Liberty on a Saturday and need to get to EWR for a 12:30pm flight.

Not interested in using Uber.

Any reason not to just use a taxi? We'll be arriving back into Cape Liberty on a Saturday and need to get to EWR for a 12:30pm flight.

Not interested in using Uber.

A taxi and a prebooked car service will cost about the same amount of money. Your choice. A lot of folks prefer knowing they have a scheduled ride rather than taking their chances in the cab line. Shared shuttle to EWR is also offered for $20/pp. This is organized by the taxi dispatcher.

Early flights are nice, but if anything delays the ship's arrival, then not so much. You're not seeing the 12:45 flight on ChoiceAir because they're limited to 1:00 or later for an 8 am arrival.

Just be aware that if the ship arrives late, you'll be on the hook for getting your flight changed and any fees. If you're booked with ChoiceAir, they're responsible. Happened on our Liberty sailing last October. We had a 12:30 flight scheduled, but the ship arrived 4 hours late. Since we were booked ChoiceAir, it was automatically rescheduled for us.

Most likely you'll be fine. Just be aware of the risk.

Hello, I have only cruised out of Florida but interested in cruising on the Anthem out of Cape Liberty. I am nervous the water will be rougher from Jersey. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app