Cave tubing questions

gigem_aggies

the issue with distance..... the tubing is done on rivers that flow through caves... the caves are located inland in the mountains/jungle.

see map

belize.jpg

Most of the tubing is done from the Caves Branch river region, near Belmopan

I emailed directly with the guide and he verified that it is approximately a 1-1.5 hour bus ride. We would be leaving our youngest daughter on the ship (with my 80 year young grandparents) and don't feel comfortable being that far away from them in case something were to happen. So, for me and my family, yes--distance is an issue. We've opted to do a different excursion that wouldn't require us leaving a child on the ship. Though not as adventurous, it's something that won't require nearly 3 hours of traveling and we can all do together.

We did the tubing excursion last October in Belize. It was a lot of fun and the guide was great. The bus ride from what I remember was about 1 hour long. Due to rain they actually had to cancel the cave portion of the float, but the river portion we did float was still a lot of fun.

Amy

Loved the cave tubing. We went on a private tour vs. in a bus so it was much more comfortable. But you are right, a long trip. Lots of countryside and good information from the guide along the way plus he stopped at a local store so we could by some beer for the trip back. We had two children in our group - 7 and 9. They did a great job with them crossing the rivers to get to the caves. It is a long walk and bring your own water shoes. We had ours but others in our group had to rent them. My son had one float away in the river so had to pay for the lost shoe.