Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

One thing that was new for us on this cruise was that our kids also got C&A discounts on their cards. We ended up activating our kids cards the last day to take advantage of theirs.

Here are the Gold C&A offers for kids and adults.

f36d50dc05d3abced2523cc9b9695e99.jpg

d84b660d8b2347e4a30d4b1ea9a7de60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you went to the specialty restaurants what was the charge for kids? And what options did kids have to eat?

Did your kids order from adult menu ever? And did they charge you the adult price then?

Kids are $10 each if they are between 5-10 years old (I think it's 10?) if they eat off the kids menu. The kids menus had had strip steak at Chops and Quesadillas at Sabor but I don't remember what else. In both cases - the appetizers on the kids menu vs adult menu didn't matter, they got my daughter whatever she wanted for apps / deserts.

Since I had only paid $15 each for our reservations, and my son ate more than I did, I didn't try to get credit for the difference between $10 and $15.

Our next few trips will be to Orlando Theme Parks, but I am starting to think of our cruise plans for 2019!

If you plan on visiting Universal Orlando let me know. I know a great website, and visit there much too often :D, so I know a few things about maximizing the parks.

If you plan on visiting Universal Orlando let me know. I know a great website, and visit there much too often :D, so I know a few things about maximizing the parks.

Sparkinator - what is your planning source for Universal? We have been a few times but not in the past 3 years. (But we had Disney APs this past year so that's where we have spent our time)

Looks like we will be there sometime in the first 2 weeks of November - we have done Jersey Week before and may do it again.

We will likely do 1-2 nights at RPH or HRH to get the Express pass and 2 day hoppers....this will either be before or after a stay at Disney since we are DVC and have many pre-purchased non-expiring tickets we can use for a day or two there as well to check out Avatar and Food and Wine...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sparkinator - what is your planning source for Universal? We have been a few times but not in the past 3 years. (But we had Disney APs this past year so that's where we have spent our time)

Looks like we will be there sometime in the first 2 weeks of November - we have done Jersey Week before and may do it again.

We will likely do 1-2 nights at RPH or HRH to get the Express pass and 2 day hoppers....this will either be before or after a stay at Disney since we are DVC and have many pre-purchased non-expiring tickets we can use for a day or two there as well to check out Avatar and Food and Wine..

We haven't been in 3 years either. We stayed on property, which the Express perk was awesome. We did Universal before DW and were finished with what we wanted to do by lunch on the second day, so we got an early start at DW. First day (Sunday, I think more locals come here then DW) we focused on the main rides except Harry Potter world, so we started on the other park and were done with all the major rides in less then two hours. We hopped over to the other park, did the other rides then ended up at Harry Potter World. On the 2nd day got an early start to Harry Potter and then reroad our favorite rides. To us a lot of the rides are virtual reality and after several they seem the same especially being 50ish.

We are DVC members also. When we go to Universal we always book a room at one of their hotels for one night even though we are not staying there. This way we get I think around 6 room keys which work as fast passes for the day we check in and the day after. Defenitely the way to go. Cheaper and better than buying fast passes at the gate. Plus with a room key you can fast pass universal rides more than once, which you can't do with the fast pass at the gate.

For those of you that are compass junkies - I am attaching photos here of them. For some reason the page 1 day 1 picture is really fuzzy so if anyone really needs it and can't figure it out after comparing it to other pages, I can upload another photo tomorrow.

Days 1-3

0ef8e139b2946507cec26d86574bfbd6.jpg

116bc85af7158e8638f6365e57be86c3.jpg

1580ff3b57835d7bdd35a20abc74ae27.jpg

18e4bd453ddf2b996394356f49856f9b.jpg

80413b3ed8d27888d642bafd216d9114.jpg

cb97de7d30f73f52e13155be76dd5f5f.jpg

I apparently forgot to take a clean photo of Day 4 compass, but here is the 2nd page (ha - since you can see the highlights - let me just say that the Logo Quiz was fun ... But there were a lot of 1990s logos! Remember Napster anyone?! And also attached are some photos from Caribbean night on the Promenade...

2ec9cde1138acb493146ddd53b660738.jpg

15641652c33b7433531ffef7c952b7ca.jpg

I can tell you that the slides/flowrider were closed from 11-3 this day and the splash pad slides were only open in the afternoon (the rest is open all the time)

Edited by Cel_cruise

And compasses for Day 5-7..Remember - In the Air was originally planned for earlier in the week but it was cancelled. Day 5 was the reschedule - so I don't expect this to be the same for your cruise!

e94bee89af5c9be04b561c490e003016.jpg

950add29677eba6b4a59a6730a8987a8.jpg

225d7a67b886668d9f4bcefa2c5d3896.jpg

8a346d85e79bc70ab45b4336b83bc6ce.jpg

1e6029fac41ae18653cd665558a30bd8.jpg

7f8ec49ab7c7b6ce3cd945a90a8a178e.jpg

Lastly - this is the get off the ship schedule for this itinerary. We understood from the CD that the other itinerary is much faster than this one.

42ec33bb57464fa6d56f4247cc222bee.jpg

Obviously from my other posts, you know that they were very behind most of the morning for departures. Looking at other reviews - those that did get in line super early for self debarkation made it out in good time!!

Were there any stateroom newsletters that showed daily specials for places like the spa?

They left something on the bed every evening which had the activities for the following day and then the specials for the spa

Were there any stateroom newsletters that showed daily specials for places like the spa?

I looked thru my paper pile but I didn't keep any of the inserts and I think the spa deals were on them.

I found even the deals were overpriced this time and took advantage of massage opportunities on the islands instead. I got a quick but awesome massage at the beach in Roatan. They had a chair massage stand set up at the port in Roatan and Belize. They also had the fish pedicure in Roatan Pier.

They had chair massages and fish pedicures at the actual cruise piers? I am traveling with a wheelchair and we can't do excursions but I would be really interested in this if we could walk off the ship and do it right in port!

Did you purchase all of your specialty dining online before the cruise?

I notice the newsletters state Sabor and Giovanni's are $30 per adult. But precruise online they are listed for $21 Giovanni's and $25 Sabor.

Did they offer any reduced pricing on the ship for the specialty restaurants?

They had chair massages and fish pedicures at the actual cruise piers? I am traveling with a wheelchair and we can't do excursions but I would be really interested in this if we could walk off the ship and do it right in port!

Yes!! Right at the pier! All very affordably priced too...

I didn't take pictures so I can't remember exactly what was where, but definitely an option! I did a chair massage at Jamaica on our last cruise too!

We will likely do 1-2 nights at RPH or HRH to get the Express pass and 2 day hoppers....this will either be before or after a stay at Disney since we are DVC and have many pre-purchased non-expiring tickets we can use for a day or two there as well to check out Avatar and Food and Wine...

Go to Orlando United. Don't go to the dis board for universal info.

We have stayed at rph and hrh and LOVE HRH. Love that it takes a few minutes to walk to the park from the hotel, love the feel of the hotel, it just has great energy.

Not sure if you knew but, starting November 18th the Wizarding World is having Christmas. I wish I could get away during the holidays to go. You will have a chance to try out the new Toothsome restaurant, it wasn't opened yet when we went last August. You have a youngish daughter? My advise is to not take her on Kong until you have a chance to see it yourself to judge if she can handle it. Saw and heard about way too many little ones being scared after parents ignored the warnings from staff. My daughter's 16 YO best friend was freakin' out a bit.

Did you purchase all of your specialty dining online before the cruise?

I notice the newsletters state Sabor and Giovanni's are $30 per adult. But precruise online they are listed for $21 Giovanni's and $25 Sabor.

Did they offer any reduced pricing on the ship for the specialty restaurants?

Ship prices were expensive - Chops $39, Sabor and Giovanni's were $30. Lunch was $19 at Chops and Giovanni's on sea days. They did offer the 3,4,5 night packages at the same prices as the cruise planner.

For us - cruise planner prices were $15 Sabor and $21 Giovanni's and FNDR for $15.