Boarding Time

dm9102

It's been a few years since my last cruise. I leave this Saturday on AOS. We just received an email that our boarding time is 3 pm. We were hoping to board much earlier. If we get to the pier early can we board early?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's been a few years since my last cruise. I leave this Saturday on AOS. We just received an email that our boarding time is 3 pm. We were hoping to board much earlier. If we get to the pier early can we board early?

Anthem, Adventure, Allure?

Did they give a reason for late boarding?

Sorry adventure... No they just said they would checkin/board by floor.

If they don't give a reason, for example Coast Guard inspection or extra cleaning because of Noro, then it's been a suggested arrival time and they have not enforced those for US based departures.

They've been sending these emails out (inconsistently) for at least a couple of years now. You can pretty much ignore it and get to the pier when you want to and board accordingly. Haven't heard of anyone being turned back for arriving too early (I doubt the pier staff are even aware of this).

If you have a ship with 4000 pax showing at 10am it create chaos and massive lines = to complainers in guests services complaining because the line and due to they waited so long, now royal should give something for free... but royal is trying to alleviate this by having the boarding schedule and this alleviate the lines... but apparently everyone are so ridiculously despaired to board that if they let you, they will sleep in the front door of the terminal.

I love to the get to the terminal as late of 2pm when is no lines and rooms are open...

enjoy adventure, she is an amazing ship...

And I want to board late-ish. Flying in the day before, and want to get in some sightseeing the day of boarding. What is the latest we can board with an 8:30PM sail time? I want to make the early muster drill, and we have a specialty dining res. for 6:45. TIA!

And I want to board late-ish. Flying in the day before, and want to get in some sightseeing the day of boarding. What is the latest we can board with an 8:30PM sail time? I want to make the early muster drill, and we have a specialty dining res. for 6:45. TIA!

I believe early muster is around 5:30pm.