Disembarkment: Shuttle Timing

sjmbruce

My husband I will be on the Ruby Princess on the West Coast and will disembark in San Pedro. I am trying to schedule a private car to pick us up from the cruise terminal and take us to LAX for our flight home. What time should I plan for the car to be at the port? Our flight is at 1:30, but I'd rather be at the airport early and hang out there than sit outside at the cruise port waiting for our ride.

My husband I will be on the Ruby Princess on the West Coast and will disembark in San Pedro. I am trying to schedule a private car to pick us up from the cruise terminal and take us to LAX for our flight home. What time should I plan for the car to be at the port? Our flight is at 1:30, but I'd rather be at the airport early and hang out there than sit outside at the cruise port waiting for our ride.

We had cream 1 tags were off by 8:30 and grabbed our luggage in the terminal and then called an Uber.

We ate breakfast in the DR which closes at 8:30.

We didn't even go to the venue, we left the DR and just went to the gangway and walked off.

Depends on the itinerary; the southbound repositionings in the fall are notorious for disembarkation delays due to Customs and Border Protection staffing levels and a large number of non-US/Canadian nationals. Our record was leaving the ship at 2:10 PM.

I would seriously consider using Uber or Lyft - I call for the car just before stepping into the terminal and usually they're pulling up just as I'm making it to the sidewalk.

I hadn't considered a delay in disembarking. The two cruises before us are also shorter Southern CA & Mexico cruises, so hopefully no delay with customs or anything. Unfortunately Uber and Lyft aren't an option for us.

Depends on the itinerary; the southbound repositionings in the fall are notorious for disembarkation delays due to Customs and Border Protection staffing levels and a large number of non-US/Canadian nationals. Our record was leaving the ship at 2:10 PM.

S/B repositioning? I didn't see where the OP said that?

Sounds like a regular coastal cruise.

We just got off the Ruby in San Pedro on the 8th. We did walk-off disembark where you handle your own luggage. Was off the ship and waiting on our ride at 8:15am. We booked our ride to LAX with OnTime Transportation prior to leaving San Pedro the previous week. They were fantastic. We only waited about 10 minutes once we were off the ship. Driver was very nice. Our flight out of LAX was at 12:50pm so we had breakfast at LAX.