First time cruiser queries

PobsyB

Hi first time cruising with RCI this summer on IOS :D

Been checking out the forums and trying to get as much info as poss.

Do you have to take your passport each time you leave the ship?

What is the air con like on board? Travelled to USA before and found inside shops, restaurants etc it can be very cool :(

How easy is the embarkation process, is it best to do the online check in first?

How many nights are the main theatre shows on?

Thank you in advance :)

You do not need to take your passport off the ship at each port. You must take your ship card, and some ports require a photo ID to get back to the ship.

Some areas might be cool onboard, best to take a light sweater.

Online check-in is not mandatory, but will make entering the terminal and check-in quicker and easier.

There is usually some sort of show every night.

Hi first time cruising with RCI this summer on IOS :D

Been checking out the forums and trying to get as much info as poss.

Do you have to take your passport each time you leave the ship?

What is the air con like on board? Travelled to USA before and found inside shops, restaurants etc it can be very cool :(

How easy is the embarkation process, is it best to do the online check in first?

How many nights are the main theatre shows on?

Thank you in advance :)

The Passport Question is a BIG debate on these boards. I say YES - YOU SHOULD HAVE IT WITH YOU IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. Think of it as insurance - if something (Heaven Forbid) should happen.

The ships usually have air condition on about 72F.

You DEFINITELY need to do the online check-in and print out your Sea-Pass? (can't remember for sure what it's called) sheet. Then, embarkation is easy.

Don't know anything about which cruise you are on, so can't answer the "shows" question.

Hope This Helps.

It sounds like you're sailing from Southampton. Embarkation is extremely straightforward at this port. I would recommend completing the online check in before you go and printing your set sail pass to speed things up a bit. Your cases will be taken from you when you arrive and delivered to your cabin. Pack all essentials in your hand luggage as it may be a while before you get your suitcases.

The Passport Question is a BIG debate on these boards. I say YES - YOU SHOULD HAVE IT WITH YOU IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. Think of it as insurance - if something (Heaven Forbid) should happen.

The ships usually have air condition on about 72F.

You DEFINITELY need to do the online check-in and print out your Sea-Pass? (can't remember for sure what it's called) sheet. Then, embarkation is easy.

Don't know anything about which cruise you are on, so can't answer the "shows" question.

Hope This Helps.

Not to hijack this thread, but hey Darrell and Donna. I noticed y'all are in Waco and are the first people here on CC that I have seen from here. I'm from Waco and my wife and I live in Woodway right now. I'll be on the lookout for y'all from now on.

PS- It's a Set Sail pass...

PPS- I agree about the passports, wouldn't want to be stuck in foreign country without it...

Not to hijack this thread, but hey Darrell and Donna. I noticed y'all are in Waco and are the first people here on CC that I have seen from here. I'm from Waco and my wife and I live in Woodway right now. I'll be on the lookout for y'all from now on.

PS- It's a Set Sail pass...

PPS- I agree about the passports, wouldn't want to be stuck in foreign country without it...

Hey Michael!!

Email me at dhaden@twc.com

We are in Robinson.;p

We usually leave our passports in the safe in our room and take photocopies of the passports in case we're ever asked for ID getting back on. So far we've never been asked at any port.

This!

Definitely do the online check-in before.

AC is great works as you set it.

Given the fact that you, OP, are living in the UK, perhaps your rules are different from ours. US citizens are authorized (and encouraged by Dept of State) to make photocopies. We leave our passports on board ship during port visits but we always take a black and white (clear) photocopy of the open fold of our passports with us in the event of needed transportation back to the US. In contrast however I'm not sure about UK laws regarding passport photocopies. Of course always bring your sea pass card with you whilst visiting ports.