What would you Do?

I'm really having trouble making up my mind and would like some opinions.

I currently have my 3rd cruise on the Grandeur booked...March 2018 9 night southeast coast and bahamas 5 ports ... I am debating switching it to anthem bahamas cruise ... March 2018 7 night 3 ports... so the question is ..... is anthem worth loosing 2 days and 2 ports?

Stick with Grandeur. Been on both and if you like the sea and the sand, and the island life, the toys and gimmicks of the Anthem are not worth losing 2 days and 2 ports. If you need a fix on average carnival rides like bumper cars and north star, go to your local county fair this summer after your awesome cruise on Grandeur.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I love the fact that different ships offer different experiences. I LOVED Anthem. Hubby and I are in our early forties and sometimes just want to relax. We've been able to do this on every ship we've been on! We've tried 8 different ships so far. I didn't try most of what has been called "gimmicks" on the Anthem but thoroughly enjoyed the Music Hall & 270. I will be cruising on the Grandeur in July so I cannot compare the two. To be honest....I wouldn't even try, as I realize they are supposed to offer different experiences. With that said...if you want a different ship experience, go with Anthem & consider extending your vacation in NY (if cost isn't an issue). If you want a vacation where, for the most part, you know what you're going to get...stick with Grandeur.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With that said...if you want a different ship experience, go with Anthem & consider extending your vacation in NY (if cost isn't an issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let's not kid ourselves into equating relaxation with New York City. IMHO, cruising is relaxing...large cities are stressful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would stick with more nights, more ports, less money! You might consider the weather, too, and NY will likely be cold in March, so your sea days will probably be indoors. Anthem is built for that so if you don't care about the weather, well....STILL...more nights, more ports, less money!;p

check out NCL Escape. It is going to start doing, I think, 11 and 12 runs from NYC; you'll reach further than the Bahamas and have a ship more in line with Anthem for features and amenities. the 7 day Anthem itinerary is "mehhhhhh" compared to Grandeur or NCL.

check out NCL Escape. It is going to start doing, I think, 11 and 12 runs from NYC; you'll reach further than the Bahamas and have a ship more in line with Anthem for features and amenities. the 7 day Anthem itinerary is "mehhhhhh" compared to Grandeur or NCL.

Eww NCL

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I'm really having trouble making up my mind and would like some opinions.

I currently have my 3rd cruise on the Grandeur booked...March 2018 9 night southeast coast and bahamas 5 ports ... I am debating switching it to anthem bahamas cruise ... March 2018 7 night 3 ports... so the question is ..... is anthem worth loosing 2 days and 2 ports?

Not worth it to me, I'd stick with the longer cruise.

Getting back on topic . . .

You said you have been on this ship 3 times. Are you repeating a previous itinerary? Do you want a cruise that focuses on the ship or its destinations?

Personally, I enjoy long cruises, but my primary interest are the ports of call. What have you decided?

Getting back on topic . . .

You said you have been on this ship 3 times. Are you repeating a previous itinerary? Do you want a cruise that focuses on the ship or its destinations?

Personally, I enjoy long cruises, but my primary interest are the ports of call. What have you decided?

This will be our 3rd cruise ... 2 out of the 5 ports will be new to us ... I'm thinking we will stick with grandeur..

Thank you all for your replies

ive never been on royal but have anthem booked in december. THE reason i'm trying it is because from research its a better cold weather ship than the Breakaway (and leaving from NJ is a huge plus too)

can someone give me a general comparison between anthem and grandeur? specifically with the cold weather. baltimore is easier for me to get to and i wouldnt mind that at all.

i agree with the statements that longer cruises cheaper are better and the 9 day one on anthem in december i the same price as a 7 day in november or the 5 day bermuda in september. so the choice was clear.

If you have teenagers or young adults traveling with you, I'd recommend Anthem. While Grandeur is great for relaxing, it's not overly entertaining for that age bracket.

Enjoy your cruise, whatever you decide!