City of London Cemetary and Crematorium

N6595L

Thanks for all of the help with Greenwich. I'm almost finished that planning. Here's another one for the forum. My daughter wants to visit the City of London Cemetary and Crematorium to pay respects to my grandmother. Will it be easy to find public transportation or will I need to pre-hire a car (taxi or UBER)? Not sure if I can include that into the day at Greenwich. (I'm afraid my original trip to Bath may not be feasible on this trip to UK).

Thanks again.

Here's another one for the forum. My daughter wants to visit the City of London Cemetary and Crematorium to pay respects to my grandmother. Will it be easy to find public transportation or will I need to pre-hire a car (taxi or UBER)? Not sure if I can include that into the day at Greenwich.
Either should be very easy by public transport.

From central London, take TfL Rail (that's the name of a specific railway line) from Liverpool Street to Manor Park.

From Greenwich, take the DLR from Cutty Sark (or Greenwich DLR, if that's closer to where you're starting from) to Canary Wharf. Change there to the DLR to Stratford - that should be a very easy cross-platform change. Change at Stratford for TfL Rail to Manor Park.

It is just possible that you might find a direct DLR from Cutty Sark to Stratford, in which case it'll be even easier.

Frankly, trying to do either trip by road is asking for a world of unnecessary pain.

It's only a 5 or 10 minute walk from Manor Park station. To take a taxi from central London will cost a fortune.

You need to find out where the grave is located before you get there as the cemetary is vast. It is very well kept, but unless you have a locator you. Could spend all day looking for the grave.

I think you can get the information by sending the cemetary an email.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like public transportation is the way to go here. We finally heard back from relatives who know exactly where the grave is and will be sending me a map.

This whole trip is coming together nicely. Thanks for all of the good advice.