Celebrity Visa Card question

bboop51

Your OBC will post to your Seapass account and anything purchased on the ship and your gratuities will be deducted from that OBC, once you exhaust your OBC the balance of your charges will be charged to your credit card on file or your cash account whichever you chose.

Perhaps instead of cashing the points in for OBC you might want to look into the option of having that money applied back to your credit card balance. After Final Payment, I cash in the points as a reduction in the cruise price. Since final payment is already in, they just put that money into my credit card balance pre-cruise. It's something to consider.

Perhaps instead of cashing the points in for OBC you might want to look into the option of having that money applied back to your credit card balance. After Final Payment, I cash in the points as a reduction in the cruise price. Since final payment is already in, they just put that money into my credit card balance pre-cruise. It's something to consider.

I would do what Cruisestich suggested. The advantage is that you will get points for the gratuities that are posted onto the card. If you converted the points to OBC, you would not get the points. Since you're paying off the card with the points, the money out-of-pocket is the same.

The other advantage is that the money from the credit card points is yours right away, not having to wait until you are on the ship. It is used to reduce your credit card charges on the next statement. If you cash it for OBC, it doesn't become yours to spend until you are on the ship.

I did not know I could do that... thanks for awesome suggestion ! I will do that (if I can figure out how to;p) This forum rocks. You guys were so helpful (not only to new cruiser but to old ones as well. :D