Cigarettes on the Cruise Ship

patz

My husband buys Marlboro and I believe it is about $66 for 2 cartons... if you buy 4 it is about $120 (saves a little more). He will usually buy 2 if it just he and I, but on cruises where my mom and dad come he buys 4 (and they claim 2 for him lol!). As duty free allowance is only 1 carton (200 cigarettes) per adult.

Just be a bit cautious when buying on island...I am certain there are plenty of reputable sellers on island but I also imagine there are plenty of counterfeit cigs out there too....back in the day everyone flocked to Tijuana from San Diego to buy cigs and this was well before they were $7 a pack lol....they were never real Marlboros and were quite gross lol....anyway, on my cruise last month I was able to get two cartons for my MIL as a thanks for watching our dogs and saved a ton...

Note: Carnival WILL price match prices in port; however, they must be American Made. We have taken advantage of this. We always buy our cartons as soon as the shops open up after leaving port. When we saw cigarettes cheaper in port once we asked about it. The Carnival Gift Shop Clerk said if you take a picture of the cartons showing the price, AND the little holographic silver sticker that shows it was made in USA, they will match the price if it is less. Couple cruises later we ran into the same thing and snapped the pic, and they honored it and credited our account back the difference on board.

What? you're not buying drugs on the street, you're buying cigarettes in a store, this is not Tijuana

Actually, counterfeit cigarettes are a thing in the Islands. Check each carton very carefully to ensure they are what you think they are. Especially if the price is very low.

I'm usually very careful but got distracted by the very low price for what I thought were Marlboros. Absolute drek. Ended up throwing them away. My conscience wouldn't let me resell them.