Code Word: Trident

albertiger

I was wondering when this discussion would begin! I started seeing the signs very early in the movie, when they had individual people loading supplies into the ship using hand trucks. It even looked like one person was loading sacks of grain (where should I stow the goats?). Pretty soon I lost count. So bad it was funny. :D

Hahah yeah I also wondered how the kid could use his video camera through fire, a bomb, and then after he jumped from the ship into the water! Must have been waterproof because in the last scene he was taping the ship sinking!

All I want to know is where can I get a battery for MY camcorder that lasts 3 days through constant filming..........

From reading the above I am glad I forced myself to NOT watch it. I was fearing a schlocky made-for-TV fair and it looks like the initial reports are saying just that. The minute I heard they diverted from the original novel and movie and left the man vs. nature theme in a claustrophobic setting behind I realized it was a doomed venture. Thank god, we still have the original 1972 classic to watch.

Now the big question? Will Wolfgang Petersen's theatrical remake next year be any better? I guess we'll find out in May 2006.

the therapists crew room was larger then my sky suite on the galaxy and she didnt have a roommate

doesnt the capt have 4 stripes on his sleeve and not 3

first nite sailing was not a casual nite --everyone looked pretty dressed up

out of a crew of ????? how did our super agent narrow the supect list down to 2

have you ever seen supplies brought onto a ship like that --- ive always seen forklifts and the like

shelly winters could have saved this movie

at 9pm wife insisted that we go to desperate housewives and i didnt argue with her

Truly one of the worst network movies is YEARS. For anyone ever aboard a cruise ship, it was a hoot to see how inaccurate the 'interior' was. And the computer generate ship was so badly done.....I am glad that the original (and Shelley Winters) lives on in glorious DVD !

The toilet was a standard land toilet-not a vacuum flush and the girl throwing up in it was followed all the way back to her cabin by the doctor? AND she was able to hold it in all that distance!

how appropriate that the last line was, "It's a bloody mess, thats what it is!":eek:

Another question, perhaps I missed something. Why was the sea marshall from US Homeland security aboard a vessel that did not sail from US water. They were in the Indian ocean, did we have some time of special dispensation to go aboard this ship. All in all I thought it was a very cheesy film.. Also, since when is the hotel director next in command after the captain:confused:

I'm watching it right now. Oh my god it's awful. I used to hate the original, because it was so cheezy and that "There's Got to be a Morning After" song made me ill, but the original is a disaster genre classic compared to this turkey. I'm missing the old cast, the old plot, even that old song.

There's going to be a theatrical remake too? S.O.S.!

Leela. I see you need to be Poseidoned! LOL!

I love that "Morning After" song and most of what came out of the original film. I got exactly the opposite reaction from watching the DVD this afternoon. It still send chills up my spine and I think the casting is just perfect. Yeah, I'm a big sucker for this stuff but I loved the orginal.

The night of the storm we ran into on my September cruise I kept flashing back to this movie. Thankfully, we did NOT capsize. But should anyone sit at a table with a reverand, NYC cop, his wife, a habidasher, an elderly Jewish couple and two kids I would say bail out and take the first life raft you can grab and paddle like you never paddled before. HA HA HA!

I watched the movie, out of morbid curiosity... I remember seeing the original as a little tyke, and finding it VERY scary. This version was also VERY scary... It scared me that someone would actually put this on TV!!

I think the masochist in me came out last night because I watched it to the very end :eek:. My wise husband (who has always been smarter than me) went to bed after the first 45 minutes.

I'm still feeling the after effects... I don't think I can watch TV tonight. Maybe I should get a free cruise because of the stress it has caused me?:D

Last night we had just arrived home after a 14 night Hawaiian cruise. Brought our suitcases in the house and immediately jumped into bed to watch the movie (missed first hour) but laughed through the next two. Good grief, not one person put a life jacket on!! Had these people not mustered??? And everyone was dressed so fancy, it must have been a Celebrity cruise. And, there were no "fluffy" people, or "senior" citizens (except for the Shelley Winters want-to-be). Obviously those idiots who wrote this awful, awful story had never been on a cruise ship.

Archived