just back from Caribbean Princess transatlantic

ddled

I knew that ice cream in the dining room was free, but wasn't sure whether you could order ice cream sandwiches. In any case, I'm one of those people who doesn't like to take the time for a long sit-down meal. I know that other people feel exactly the opposite, and I like that Princess accommodates them both, similar to the way it has both Anytime dining and Traditional fixed seating.

Me neither. I hate spending over an hour for lunch that why we sometime just pop in for the dessert after eating at the buffet. ;) I fine the desserts at the buffet to be lacking at best.

I can't comment on the quality of the new items on the pizza menu because I didn't try them.

However, the traditional cheese pizza is still available every day along with one other choice, such as pepperoni. (I didn't order pizza a lot, so someone else will have to answer any questions about pizza choices.) Partly because the weather was brisk and the pizza counter is outside, I didn't see a lot of people ordering pizza.

I found the pizza okay, but nothing spectacular. It seemed a little stale. Personally, I prefer the California Pizza Kitchen Frozen thin crust pizza to the pizza served onboard. Still, I expect your daughter will be satisfied. Since I live near Chicago, I'm spoiled for choice of all types of pizza, and I may be too picky.

On a related note, the free soft serve ice cream is fine, not the best I've ever had, but also not the worst. The portion of ice cream was generous. I thought the ice cream sandwiches were worth the $3 charge. My favorite was Snickerdoodle, with cinnamon ice cream between two snickerdoodle cookies. However, if you like your ice cream sandwiches hard enough that the ice cream doesn't spurt out when you bite it, be sure to ask for a hard ice cream sandwich from the bottom of the freezer.

Do you mean I won't get anything like Lou Malnati Pizza on the ship???