Hotel pre cruise in Miami...

mom2tjanddj

I have searched the forums, and I can't seem to find any answers. I realize this must be a frequent question, and I am sorry for not being able to find the answer.

We fly into Miami on May 25, one day before our cruise (Equinox Memorial Day Cruise). I am looking for a decent hotel near the port that might pick us up from the airport, and also take us to the port the next day. It would be nice if we could safely walk to a store that night as well. I know the area isn't that great, but would like to purchase some water bottles, etc.

Thank you!

We had originally booked Hampton Inn Brickell for oct 17 until we changed our plan

It is located close to a people mover, (Brickell Station, one block from hotel) which apparently you can take from the airport. You have to take a train, the metromover or something for a cheap price, and then connect to the people mover, or you could take a paid shuttle service that you would have to prearrange, or taxi or Uber.

Most hotels, if any, won't send shuttle vans, from my experience, unless you stay right near the airport.

Hampton is close to the cruise port and in a very good area, is a newer hotel, gives free breakfast, and is a block or two from Publix, where you can buy things before going on the cruise.

Because it is memorial weekend, though, no telling what prices will look like From my research. Hotels in the Brickell area and near the port and Bayside Market are nice.

Hampton also has a paid shuttle to the port.

Other hotels that seem to be popular are Intercontinental, Marriotts, Holiday Inns, any in that area, which you can access through sites like Kayak, Priceline, Hotwire, if you want to look at the hotel map to see the layout of hotels in relation to the port, et cet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have searched the forums, and I can't seem to find any answers. I realize this must be a frequent question, and I am sorry for not being able to find the answer.

We fly into Miami on May 25, one day before our cruise (Equinox Memorial Day Cruise). I am looking for a decent hotel near the port that might pick us up from the airport, and also take us to the port the next day. It would be nice if we could safely walk to a store that night as well. I know the area isn't that great, but would like to purchase some water bottles, etc.

Thank you!

I'm sorry , but I just don't get it, people pay whatever for a cruise then worry about paying $30 $40 for a cab to the port ????

I'm sorry , but I just don't get it, people pay whatever for a cruise then worry about paying $30 $40 for a cab to the port ????

Apples and oranges. What you pay for a cruise and what you pay getting to and from your hotel are totally unrelated. Cruise lines don't offer free cabins, but hotels do offer free shuttles.

And this is helpful how?

Thank you!

When we had the same question a few years ago, Host Anne recommended the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

Here is a link to their website:

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Airport South - Blue Lagoon

It was a nice, safe, clean, quiet, reasonably priced place to stay for the night before a cruise, nothing fancy. Breakfast and free internet are included.

They provide a free shuttle to pick you up at the Miami airport and bring you to the hotel.

There is also a shuttle service that will take you from the hotel to the cruise port the following morning for $10 per person.

Sign up for it at the hotel desk when you check in the night before, if you want it.

The hotel's location is very convenient for picking up whatever last minute items you need before a cruise because there are 2 major drugstores (pharmacies) right at the corner, and directly across the street from the hotel is a small shopping mall with a grocery store, liquor store, and a few restaurants. So there is no need for a car.

It is an ideal place to stay for one night before a cruise. But if you plan to stay there any longer, you would really need to rent a car because there is no entertainment or anything else to do nearby.

If you plan to be there for several days, I think it would be better to stay downtown.

We had a "king bed study with sofabed" that included a fridge and microwave in the room.

If we stay there again, I think we would pay a little more and book one of their one bedroom suites, because we hear they are supposed to be very nice.

(This is a different Hampton Inn from the one 4cats4me described in post #2.)

Edited by varoo

Please go to the FLORIDA DEPARTURES BOARD. There you will get recommendations from those very familiar with Miami.

Important info needed from you...

What time do you arrive? If you'll have lots of the day and evening, stay downtown/ Brickell area where you will be able to enjoy everything in walking distance.

Who is "we"? Adults? Number?

What's your budget?

Are you familiar with uber?

Know that staying downtown will not include shuttles from airport. But in turn is 100% more interesting and fun than the generic airport chains.

We had originally booked Hampton Inn Brickell for oct 17 until we changed our plan

It is located close to a people mover, (Brickell Station, one block from hotel) which apparently you can take from the airport. You have to take a train, the metromover or something for a cheap price, and then connect to the people mover, or you could take a paid shuttle service that you would have to prearrange, or taxi or Uber.

Most hotels, if any, won't send shuttle vans, from my experience, unless you stay right near the airport.

Hampton is close to the cruise port and in a very good area, is a newer hotel, gives free breakfast, and is a block or two from Publix, where you can buy things before going on the cruise.

Because it is memorial weekend, though, no telling what prices will look like From my research. Hotels in the Brickell area and near the port and Bayside Market are nice.

Other hotels that seem to be popular are Intercontinental, Marriotts, Holiday Inns, any in that area, which you can access through sites like Kayak, Priceline, Hotwire, if you want to look at the hotel map to see the layout of hotels in relation to the port, et cet

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell for our recent cruise out of Miami. It was in a good area and walking distance to several restaurants and also a CVS. (There was a Public nearby, but not sure how long of a walk) We took a Lyft to the port. I think it ran around $8 - $9 for the two of us. They do have a shuttle, which I believe was $8 per person.

I have heard the Intercontinental and Hyatt are the better hotels in that area. The Holiday Inn Downtown is right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace, but it has the dirtiest rooms we have ever stayed in. The maintenance is very bad in the rooms, and the carpets are filthy. Do not walk on them with bare feet. They have the best location and they know it, so they can charge over $300 per night. Never again for us!

Thank you for sharing all of that! I appreciate it very much!