CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS $100 for $85 (Daily Getaways)

winchesterdog

I am hoping to buy 3. I have two cabins and we have 5 passengers and my cruise is paid in full so this will be for on board purchases only. Should I only buy two (one for each cabin)? I have a total of 7 regular gift cards to put towards my onboard account already. Any advice?

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference as far as how much you'd like to spend on board. I don't know what the denominations are of the seven you already have, but if you think those will be enough, then maybe only get one or two from today's deal for good measure. On the other hand, if you buy three today, you'd have ten total, or two for each of you. A nice even number. :D

I look at today's deal and see a savings of $30 if I buy two or $45 if I buy three. That's $30/$45 of free money we get to spend on board. A few free drinks, for example. We already have two cards on the way from the AARP rewards, but I can't pass today's deal up. Our cruise is still a year away, so we have plenty of time to get more from AARP if we want, but getting 15% off today is probably the best deal we'll see on these cards. All of the other promotions I've seen are 10% off. When it's all said and done, we'll use some of them to pay down on the balance and some for OBC. I don't want to end up with extra cards when the cruise is over because we don't know when the next one will be and, knowing my luck, we'd end up losing them.

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference as far as how much you'd like to spend on board. I don't know what the denominations are of the seven you already have, but if you think those will be enough, then maybe only get one or two from today's deal for good measure. On the other hand, if you buy three today, you'd have ten total, or two for each of you. A nice even number. :D

I look at today's deal and see a savings of $30 if I buy two or $45 if I buy three. That's $30/$45 of free money we get to spend on board. A few free drinks, for example. We already have two cards on the way from the AARP rewards, but I can't pass today's deal up. Our cruise is still a year away, so we have plenty of time to get more from AARP if we want, but getting 15% off today is probably the best deal we'll see on these cards. All of the other promotions I've seen are 10% off. When it's all said and done, we'll use some of them to pay down on the balance and some for OBC. I don't want to end up with extra cards when the cruise is over because we don't know when the next one will be and, knowing my luck, we'd end up losing them.

I read all of the fine print and I think we'll do it. I can't pass up such a great deal! Since it's posted on here, it'll probably be even harder to get though :(. Oh well, I'm happy to at least have the ones we already have. It would sure be a nice cushion to have some extra!

I read all of the fine print and I think we'll do it. I can't pass up such a great deal! Since it's posted on here, it'll probably be even harder to get though :(. Oh well, I'm happy to at least have the ones we already have. It would sure be a nice cushion to have some extra!
LOL I thought about that too. But I haven't seen it mentioned in any other threads, so I don't think it's being talked about much on here. Just remember, they go on sale at 1pm EST, if you live in a different time zone. Just about 50 minutes away now. :)

Looks like a totally legit deal to me. The U.S. Travel Association appear to have all their ducks in a row and partner with several big-name companies to do this every year (Carnival & Orbitz being two new additions this year).

It's legit. The U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways promotion is anxiously awaited each year. Ive been tracking this promotion since Jan. The deals are not as good this year but the Carnival Card looks great! Hopefully everybody will get what they need and maybe next year Carnival will increase the number.

They're up & running, folks. Just click on "BUY NOW." Be sure to pick your quantity from the little drop-down menu at the very beginning of the order.

I got my 3. I think I'm going to see if I can get more with a separate transaction and the same email & info.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Got $300 worth. Thank you sooo much!! Best deal I've gotten yet and I paid for my whole cruise along with my spending cash with Verizon and AARP gift cards at 10% off. I feel I have saved so much on this cruise. Guess I'll have to book another one ;)

FYI

Daily Getaways just posted their item for Monday will be $100 Carnival Gift Cards for $85! I believe they will have 2500 available. ALSO: For Ultimate Rewards points seekers. I just purchased some Wyndham Rewards points from the site and it codes as a travel so be sure to use travel credit card for the x 2 points.

Grabbed my 3! Thanks for posting!

Here are the terms and conditions

• Gift cards will expire on November 30, 2018.

GeneralDescription

• All sales are final and no refunds or substitutions will be provided after the transaction is complete

• Gift Cards do not incur dormancy fees for non-use.

• Gift Cards are not credit, debit, or charge cards, and have no implied warranties.

• Gift Cards have no value until activated at time of purchase, and Gift Cards will not be activated until payment is verified. Gift Cards will be activated when delivered, and will be active upon receipt by the customer.

• Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, meaning funds may not be added to Gift Cards after activation.

• Once activated, Gift Cards may not be resold; resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation of the Gift Card without compensation.

• Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, expect where required by law.

• Carnival® may refuse, cancel or hold for review Gift Cards and Gift Card orders in cases where it suspects fraud, mistake, alteration, issuance in an incorrect denomination, or violations of law, policies or these Terms and Conditions.

• Lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards will not be replaced.

• These Terms and Conditions and all matters arising out of or relating to the Gift Cards, except as governed by federal law, will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law rule.

PurchasingGift Cards

Carnival®is not responsible for Gift Cards that are undeliverable or not received due toinaccurate delivery information, including physical and e-mail addresses. Thisis the responsibility of the purchaser.

RedeemingGift Cards

Gift Cardsare redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passengertravel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. GiftCards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival CruiseLine®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currencyonboard.

The priceof each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against thebalance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greaterthan the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay thedifference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value onthe Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it isredeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time theGift Card will be deactivated.

They're up & running, folks. Just click on "BUY NOW." Be sure to pick your quantity from the little drop-down menu at the very beginning of the order.

I got my 3. I think I'm going to see if I can get more with a separate transaction and the same email & info.

Did it let you buy another 3? I don't need 6 right now, just curious.

Since these are e-cards and not physical gift cards, does anyone have any experience with Carnival e-cards? Any trouble using them to pay on a booking or adding to an S&S account? Since we'd be emailed the card information, how does it work? Do we present the email to guest services if we'd like to add it to S&S?

According to their description:

Carnival Gift Cards can be used towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, online pre-purchases of shore excursions, spa experiences and Fun Shop gifts
or redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account
for gifts, drinks, and fun.

And their Terms & Conditions:

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases
and as deposit to an onboard account.

I bought egift cards directly from Carnival last year. I just print out the confirmation with the gift card codes and put it in my travel wallet with my passport and other cruise documents. It was no problem having them added to my S&S account once onboard the ship.

Please note that those cards were purchased directly from Carnival, so I am not vouching for buying them thru this particular site. I am just saying that Carnival egift cards are readily accepted on board.