Tip the masseuse?

JLDMED

I figure they add the tip already so . . . . I've had good service but never exceptional so haven't tipped exta.

I have been a spa model on a few occasions and have always given $20 as a tip since they aren't getting anything for that and I'm getting a free service. They are always surprised when I do this.

OK...I am ignorant about such matters. If I book a massage (in the spa, or in our suite) do we tip the masseuse? If so, how much, and when?

Thanks...

Whenever I had a spa service on a Celebrity Ship my bill included a 10 percent gratuity, but there is also a line to add more. At home, I usually tip 20 percent for a spa treatment, so I will add what is necessary for the total tip to be 20 percent.

To Be A Spa Model:

You get on the ship early and head to the spa. There you ask for the manager and ask if they need any spa models for the afternoon. She'll be able to tell you if she needs anyone. In the past I've had a facial and my husband has some kind of electrical treatment. You have to be comfortable laying in a room for about 2 hours while people come by and hear a description of the treatment. We've done it a few times and had fun though I do know this isn't for everyone.

I too was a bit green and after having my hot stone massage I bought some seaweed pills that are supposed to give me bags of energy. Perhaps she thought I looked a bit tired:eek: Well I was very relaxed and I guess that $45 I spent on the pills and 15% gratuity on the massage was a pretty good tip for a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. Moral, if you don't want them to sell you any of the add-ons, don't be afraid to say so.

Phil

Archived