Gold level free drink coupon for after 5:00 on last day

Sherun

Can you use it at Alchemy Bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can use it at any bar, the only limit is it covers up to $9. However my wife ordered a glass of wine that was $9.50 and they just subtracted the $9 from it and charged the rest, with gratuity it came out to .58 I think. I gave her a hard time for that one lol... I won't promise every bar on every ship will do that, but it's something to keep in mind if you want to try it. Go for it, all they can do is say no!

What do you think is Carnival's reasoning for having it be after 5 on last day? Thoughts?

Since they give you the coupon at the beginning of your cruise, my guess is that they're hoping you will lose it or forget about it by the last night of the cruise. It should truly be valid on any day of the cruise.

You only get one if the cruise is for a minimum of 5 days. We just got back from a 4 day cruise on Valor, and didn't qualify for the coupon.

No. It's a coupon that has your name on it. They write your folio number down on it when they take your order. It will show up on your S&S account as a charge from the dining room and a $0.00 balance. You have to sign the receipt as well. But I suppose you could order the drink and give that to someone else.

I gave it to someone else without a problem as I had Cheers. I brought it to the bar with me and asked the bartender if I could use it to purchase a drink for a new friend I met on board.

I gave it to someone else without a problem as I had Cheers. I brought it to the bar with me and asked the bartender if I could use it to purchase a drink for a new friend I met on board.

Yeah I can see that because you were with. Like I said you could probably get a drink with it and give it to someone else. I was referring to giving it to someone randomly and walking away. In that case I don't think it would work.

Yeah I can see that because you were with. Like I said you could probably get a drink with it and give it to someone else. I was referring to giving it to someone randomly and walking away. In that case I don't think it would work.

you can not give the certificate to someone else and walk away. They require your folio number to validate it, and for you to sign.

You can however get the drink and do what ever you want with it. Unlike Cheers, where you will get in trouble giving a drink of your 15 away if caught.

you can not give the certificate to someone else and walk away. They require your folio number to validate it, and for you to sign.

You can however get the drink and do what ever you want with it. Unlike Cheers, where you will get in trouble giving a drink of your 15 away if caught.

That's exactly what I was saying.

What do you think is Carnival's reasoning for having it be after 5 on last day? Thoughts?

Based on only my drinking habbits on a cruise i drink alot less on the last night. Maybe they are hoping that extra drink will grease the wheels and maybe get you to spend more.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Is there any date or other indication on the coupon that is for a certain cruise? We are doing a B2B, and getting cheers the first cruise, but not the second. Was hoping to use both coupons on the final night.

I believe the coupon has the date of the cruise on it, along with your name...so I think it has to be used during that particular cruise. It is also linked to your folio number which changes for the second part of the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been gold for my last three cruises and have never been given a ticket for a free drink. I didn't know that was a perk until I read it on here. They were 7 day or longer cruises. Should I ask the room steward about it next trip if I don't get one?

As a Platinum member I have always used my free drink coupon in the Alchemy bar (and paid the small excess) no one has ever denied accepting it and insisted it was only valid during the brunch period although I realize that is the official redemption period.

I have been gold for my last three cruises and have never been given a ticket for a free drink. I didn't know that was a perk until I read it on here. They were 7 day or longer cruises. Should I ask the room steward about it next trip if I don't get one?

They usually leave it in the room on the first day with the fun times. If it's not there next time then yes, I would ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

check you cabin carefully. the coupon is on a piece of paper that might of gotten mixed with other "junk" papers that get sent to your cabin

Edited by shof515

Because the beards are some of the strangest, oddest minded folks on the planet. I'd love to attend their meetings and observe what and how things get decided. Most focus on $$. It's an inconvenience to have to use it a certain place and time just like the P/D drink coupon.

I guess I am one of the whiners, cause I think it should just be a free drink coupon with no restrictions. Come on, it's just a drink, Carnival. I tell them this on every survey or review that I do. A welcome back drink would be better than after 5 PM on the last night. We have tried to use the coupon earlier than 5PM & have been denied.

Next cruise we'll be Platinum, so then I'll complain that it has to be used at brunch. I think that was the restriction on Platinum's coupon- during a sea day brunch. At least we'll get to go to the Diamond/Platinum party, like we used to go to the "past guest" party.

I go to MDR just to get the drink which is so stupid, don't do brunch.

Remember at the P/D party you can order any drink you want, don't have to drink those fruity things they offer.

Is it an actual coupon or is it on your card or what. Could you give it to someone else?

The P/D ones come at the bottom of a paper in cabin 1st day, easy to overlook. They have your name on it. I've had waiters not want to give me my sons, others don't seem to care.

My bet is most here (especially those who whine about seemingly everything) will say it is because they want to give you as much time as possible to lose the coupon.

My take is they want your last night to be fun...and a free drink can only help that.

Come on. Clearly this is a decision based on the hope that less coupons will be used, otherwise Carnival would leave that choice to the cruiser.

From my point of view, I enjoyed a fine Bloody Mary at brunch when that fit the guidelines. Now I enjoy a delightful Brandy Alexander the last night after facing the finality of packing.

Me too :whiskey-glass:

First world problem .... complaining about getting a free drink :rolleyes:

check you cabin carefully. the coupon is on a piece of paper that might of gotten mixed with other "junk" papers that get sent to your cabin

that is exactly what happen when i did not get my offer it was put between all the papers they put in your cabin

i got a replacement but after the third day i found the original, so if there is something you are expecting make sure you look carefully through all the paperwork they send to your cabin.