Laundry!

MarvelMania

Is the Laundry Machines high efficiency or regular machines? What kind of detergent does it take?

I have not sailed every ship, but the ones I've sailed have standard "household type" washers and dryers. I believe all that's sold in the detergent vending machines is powdered detergent, but I could be mistaken. I certainly think liquid could be used as well.

The dryers as in most public used facilities are very inadequate I've found. You would be advised to launder small loads to assure they get dry. You can also get small packs of Tide where travel size items are sold (Wal-Mart?) which can be rationed for smaller loads. If you are just doing your unmentionables you can also find small packs of Woolite for washing in the sink (sold conveniently with a sink stopper) at Amazon.

The machines are 'single' load. Even a tide pod has too much in it. Bring some liquid or powder. Though the cost onboard isn't horrible. They're either $1.50 or $3.

We still have Purex sheets, half a sheet is enough.

Where can you find small boxes of laundry detergent or soap?

Can buy onboard in the laundry room. Have seen them in the travel section of Walmart and Target. In the past we've made our own laundry packs of premeasured powder in a ziplock bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I should bring quarters? Or do they take Sail & Sign cards?
Some ships use S&S and others are still coin operated. You can exchange dollars for quarters at Guest Services, though. So, no worries.

Bed Bath & Beyond sells 3-packs of Tide sink size detergent. I believe it was somewhere around $0.99 - $1.29(maybe $1.59) per pack. I used one of my many 20% off coupons. Travel size toiletries are only available in stores that have a bath department.