Pinel Island

budamom

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the dock to the ferry stand to get to Pinel Island? it is at the end of the road at the French Cul de sac. I went there once on a boat shore excursion around St Marten, and would love to go back for a whole day. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
We used Speks Transportation Services and they were quite prompt in both directions.

Thank you for this information.

Is it correct you took Speks from dock to the Cul-de-Sac roundtrip? It is 45 minutes each way not including

the taxi over to Pinal? I'm in St. Martin until 5 pm and would like to make sure I'm back on the ship by 3/3:30 pm latest. I wonder if it is even worth it for six adults, which I'll be paying for to go to Pinal.

Thank you.

We went to Pinel (but we booked Kayaks with Caribbean Paddle) and I time EVERYTHING by taking a picture of my watch when pulling out and then again when arriving and it took us 20 minutes to get there. There was a parking lot with plenty of cars there and also a stand that you can buy ice cold soda there for really cheap (which I suggest you do if you want to save money before getting over to Pinel were you'll be charged outrageous amounts) and I would imagine they would be able to call a cab if you needed.

and I would imagine they would be able to call a cab if you needed.

Once, we returned about mid afternoon and there was no one at the stand. We already had transportation, so no problem that time. Maybe want to rely on a more dependable return method.

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the dock to the ferry stand to get to Pinel Island? it is at the end of the road at the French Cul de sac. I went there once on a boat shore excursion around St Marten, and would love to go back for a whole day. Thanks!

went there in Feb. 2016 and used Teresa with joyce's taxi. she was a kick in the pants, so funny. She was right on time picking us up and taking us over there and picking us up for our return trip. took about 40-45 mins each way, lots of road work. Cost was $25/person but we had 8 people so she dropped it to $20 ea. Very reliable you can contact her at theresahilligar at yahoo dot com

theresahelligar@yahoo.com