How do you keep track of your pre-cruise plans?

DuckTollerFans

It has been twelve years since my last cruise, so plenty has changed. I'm taking advantage of technology to organize my paperwork, although I will have hard copies "just in case". :) Since I'm use Android on my mobile devices, I'm using Google services.

Google Calendar - This is where I have everything scheduled. It's an appointment book, so I can set appropriate "milestones" for completing things, including verifying that I have my passports.

Google Drive - This is where I have my confirmations stored in PDF format. Included documents:

• Cruise booking
  • Travel insurance
  • Airline confirmations including flight numbers
  • Pre-cruise hotel reservation
  • Receipt for cruise excursions and drink purchases
  • Scans of passports and driver's licenses (only during the trip)

Yes, I can also put in excel documents, word documents, and text documents. Why? I can then pull up the documents from my phone, my tablet, or my computer.

As for your other questions:

2. How early to you plan your excursions? - I have a end-of-August cruise, so I've booked two of the excursions in mid-April. These are excursions that I really really want to take.

3. How early to make hotel reservations for the night prior to sailing? - Depends. Because there is a major conference happening prior to the cruise, I've booked two nights at a hotel within walking distance.

5. What other bits should I consider? Checking the tips articles for stuff to bring along on the cruise and, more importantly, what to leave at home. (Including the coffee maker)

Edited by Z'Loth

I simply create two folders on my computer. One I put on my computer desktop and put anything in there related to the cruise. The other is a folder I create in my email and put emails related to the cruise there. I don't do an excel spreadsheet or anything. But when it gets close to the cruise, I start to print out relevant documents and put them in a paper folder. We generally don't book cruises terribly far in advance. When I book, I then start to look for hotels, parking options, shore excursions, etc. and book them pretty soon after booking the cruise.