MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

I like the decor the Conquest, yes it is over the top, but that is the Italian "Artist" Farcus who Carnival had design all the Conquest class ships. His interiors are unique, to say the least. Conquest is very French Impressionish-Post impressionist, which is interesting to me, as an artist. I love his themes. (Liberty is more of a Medieval Castle Garden them - lots of stone and trellis designs, very pretty), (Glory is more Sailing theme with boats and anchors and ropes, etc), Freedom is like a psychodelic 70s party. LOL We are doing the Freedom again next month.

Keep the great review coming.... we love it!

Well then, I must sail the Liberty for the Garden themes (sounds interesting), and DEFINITELY the Glory for the sail theme...and the Freedom...well that just sounds super awesome and interesting! :D

My kids use the arcade. Not their favorite but they don't really care for many of the kid type activities on board. It's been a couple of years so I'll see this time around now that they are older (14 and 16). But my son won an X-Box One and my other son won an iPad mini in the arcade.

That's great! It sounds like there's a lot winners on here.

I think I would love the Medieval castle theme of the Liberty. I've been on the Glory three times and loved the nautical theme. I guess this French Impressionist is not my style at all. I didn't know they were all themed differently. This has to be my least favorite. The Splendor was over the top pink, pink, pink which took some getting used to. We sail on the Vista in June and after looking at pictures, it seems like it's decor is more like NCL. More classical and reserved. A change for Carnival for sure.

I do like the classy ships as well, but the "themed" ships are very interesting and I feel like I'm always exploring to try to figure out what they are all about.

I am glad Carnival has went to a brighter more modern decor on the newer ships like the breeze and Vista. This ship is a little odd to say the least...

I absolutely LOVE the Breeze and can't wait to try the Vista!

How was the piano bar, did you go in the evenings at all? Did it ever look busy?

My group is big on Piano bars and am really hoping this one does not disappoint!

And this is by far the best review i've ever read through. Knew i could count on an Ohioan for the best!!

We did not go to the piano bar, but passed it many times in the evening and it was hopping! So, hopefully it won't disappoint.

Thanks for the compliments on the review. Have you read my others?

We had the same room steward on the Paradise in January, and other than the first day when he introduced himself, we never saw him again, not even in the hallways. He did a good job cleaning the cabin twice a day, but I think my daughter ticked him off because she would put the bunk up in the morning to give us more room to walk around the cabin. Interestingly enough, we were never asked if we wanted the room cleaned morning, evening or both. He just automatically cleaned it twice a day.

That's interesting. We couldn't go down the hall in the mornings or evenings without seeing him or him being down the hall yelling "hello, good morning" and so on. Usually we put the bunks up AND move the beds over to make a lot of room. I just wasn't feeling it this time around and didn't feel like doing any more than I had to.

CEZANNE BUFFET: This buffet area is pretty large, however, they didn't seem to make full use of it. The breakfast was always served in the front buffet and the dinner in the back. There are 2 main buffets (serving the same thing on each side) and additional small areas serving extra things such as pastries, salad toppings and deserts on certain days. I have to say, with a buffet this big, they really didn't have much to offer. A majority of the buffet was dedicated to a salad bar daily, and then a small portion was the "main course" to pick from. After that were usually some type of meats to be sliced and served. I was honestly disappointed in this buffet during the cruise. We had some good nights and some bad nights.

P4150225%20copy-L.jpg

P4150220%20copy-L.jpg

P4150248%20copy-L.jpg

P4160293%20copy-L.jpg

P4160291%20copy-L.jpg

P4160292%20copy-L.jpg

The Deli

On one side of the buffet, they had a sushi bar (looked the same as the deli, but on the opposite side) and then the other side was the deli. You can get cold cut and hot sandwiches here and has a small variety of things to pick from.

P4170590%20copy-L.jpg

I do like the classy ships as well, but the "themed" ships are very interesting and I feel like I'm always exploring to try to figure out what they are all about.

I absolutely LOVE the Breeze and can't wait to try the Vista!

Our first cruise is on the breeze in 302 days!!

Just a few random "extras".

The whale tail:

P4221625%20copy-L.jpg

There are multiple ice cream stations on the Conquest:

P4211576%20copy-L.jpg

While these hand washing stations are a good idea, I couldn't get one of them to work right. It's an all-in-one: put you hand under and soap dispenses, then it rinses, then it dries. Every time I tried one I got the soap, the rinse and when it was time to dry...I got the soap again. Maybe that's why I didn't see anyone else use them?

P4211571%20copy-L.jpg

Guys Burgers: This is located by the main pool and the opposite side of the Iguana. It serves hamburgers and there's a topping bar to spruce it up as you'd like. They also have signature burgers and is designed by Chef Guy Fieri. Normally I'm excited to find this 2.0 upgrade on the ship and I love the hamburgers, but we only managed to eat here once this cruise for some reason. They have limited hours (I think maybe 12-6pm).

P4211570%20copy-L.jpg

P4211568%20copy-L.jpg

P4211569%20copy-L.jpg

The Seafood Shack: Where you can order fish, shrimp (by the pound) and other specialties...for an additional price. It is located on the back of the ship by the Sky Pool and opposite of the Pizza Place.

P4221654%20copy-L.jpg

P4221653%20copy-L.jpg

P4150216%20copy-L.jpg

P4221657%20copy-L.jpg

P4221652%20copy-L.jpg

P4221659%20copy-L.jpg

The Sky Pool is the pool on the back of the ship. From what I understand, it use to be the "adult" pool, but several weeks ago it was opened up to everyone (rumor I heard was it was for Spring Break). I believe I was told that during dry-dock, this would turn into the Serenity area in the future.

There's 2 very large hot tubs back here and also a bar.

P4150217%20copy-L.jpg

I noticed the lights matched the decor of the tables here and in the buffet.

P4160307%20copy-L.jpg

P4160305%20copy-L.jpg

P4160313%20copy-L.jpg

The lights in the pool changed at night and was really pretty.

P4160311%20copy-L.jpg

P4150212%20copy-L.jpg

I really liked this area because, even though it had lounge chairs, there were a lot of tables in the area as well. Along the sides and along the back of the ship...with a view.

P4160309%20copy-L.jpg

P4191025%20copy-L.jpg

A really cool feature was that it had the sliding glass dome. Now I know in the past, people on here have stated that they can only close the domes during port and docked. Well, this dome would open and close every day and night and we were always out to sea when they did it.

P4160310%20copy-L.jpg

More pictures on it when I locate them.

There is a main pool, located in the middle, and has a huge screen (sea-side theater) for movies at night.

P4160318%20copy-L.jpg

As you can see in this picture, there are a couple of hot tubs up there on a higher (step) level.

P4170595%20copy-L.jpg

Nightly movies were played on the deck in the evenings...complete with popcorn. We did not go to any of the movies this cruise because every time I looked, I had never heard of the movie and it didn't seem like the type Sakari would like.

P4160319%20copy-L.jpg

Something VERY INTERESTING...and I'm not sure if this is coming out on ALL the Carnival ships...but kudos to Carnival for doing this. I imagine with all of the drownings of children, they have come up with a partial solution. They had life jackets out on the deck for people to use if needed. Now let's just hope those parents that know their children can't swim or are not good swimmers, use them.

P4170596%20copy-L.jpg

P4170598%20copy-L.jpg

P4170597%20copy-L.jpg

Say what? Jamman hasn't been on the Conquest yet? Where did you go for your Spring Break cruise? I'll have to find your review!

We were on the Pride again this year for a 14 day Journeys repositioning cruise from Tampa to Baltimore. I just finished the review, and it is in my signature. Love what I see on the Conquest so far! :cool:

Quick question, I have looked and am having trouble finding info on Southwest's website about the Carnival gift cards. Any help would be awesome.

ALso, you had me in stitches with," But that belly gets in the way every time now. Oops" I was laughing so loud as I feel his pain.

Kim, always happy to read one of your reviews. We also sailed during Spring Break, but we were on the Allure sailing out on Sunday so missed you by a day.

Can't believe how tall Sakari has gotten since the last group of pictures.

We also noticed new changes as a result of the recent drownings...Royal has lifeguards on all of their pools. An interesting new development.

Looking forward to more.