Ruby going to Alaska

Jaylie

We have a cruise (a mini-suite) booked in September for Alaska aboard the Ruby Princess. We need to change that and the only mini-suites available for the date we are looking for (Aug. 16th) are Forward and Aft. We always book midship to avoid too much motion. What is motion like in Forward and Aft and is one area better than the other? Thanks!

We have a cruise (a mini-suite) booked in September for Alaska aboard the Ruby Princess. We need to change that and the only mini-suites available for the date we are looking for (Aug. 16th) are Forward and Aft. We always book midship to avoid too much motion. What is motion like in Forward and Aft and is one area better than the other? Thanks!

Do you mean August 19th on the Ruby? This is an inside passage cruise so there will be very little movement anywhere on the ship.

If you mean August 16th on the Grand then there could be some movement while in the Pacific off the coast of CA.

I prefer aft to forward. Directly mid ship minis on these ships are Club Class minis.

Do you mean August 19th on the Ruby? This is an inside passage cruise so there will be very little movement anywhere on the ship.

If you mean August 16th on the Grand then there could be some movement while in the Pacific off the coast of CA.

I prefer aft to forward. Directly mid ship minis on these ships are Club Class minis.

The ship actually comes back on the outside of The queen Charlotte's and Vancouver Island in the open ocean and it can get real rough. I have done the cruise 3 times and 2 times it was some of the roughest cruising I have done. Not sure why they call it inside passage since it only does the inside on the way up. Maybe call it inside outside ? Its still a great cruise and I will be on it on September 9 again. I think the forward has the worse movement of anywhere on the ship.

Personally, I find Ruby and Crown both have a "swimming" motion at the aft. Having sailed Ruby in November and December (rougher weather than August) on LA-Vancouver repos before and after dry dock, I would suggest going with the forward cabins if side-to-side/yaw motion bothers you more than pitching/up-down.