shuttles/car service from Red Hook

pkamison

Hope you can advise and help - sailing on QM2 - disembarking in Red Hook - Brooklyn (have never been there) and need to get home to Delaware. Are there Cunard shuttles to Amtrak stations in Mid town Manhattan or (preferably) in Newark New Jersey ?

Would a car service be better and which one ?

Are there car services that would take you to Philadelphia or Wilmington ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hope you can advise and help - sailing on QM2 - disembarking in Red Hook - Brooklyn (have never been there) and need to get home to Delaware. Are there Cunard shuttles to Amtrak stations in Mid town Manhattan or (preferably) in Newark New Jersey ?

Would a car service be better and which one ?

Are there car services that would take you to Philadelphia or Wilmington ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We prefer car services and use Dial7 for Manhattan transfers. I have no idea what the cost would be to Delaware. (Carmel and Arecibo also get recommendations).

If you want to do a Cunard bus to Amtrak, I believe the NY excursion lets off at Macy's, which is across the street-ish from Penn Station. (Although you'd be paying for a round trip - and if using this option, I'd make sure to notify the driver that you won't be returning)

A combo option might be to use a car service to Penn Station.

thanks - we figured that worst case we could have a car/driver take us to Penn Station but we would really like to avoid that if possible. As two slow walking young seniors with luggage (and bad backs) as direct a route would totally be the best way to go - also thought prehaps the Newark/Amtrak station would be less hectic that Penn Station.

I had heard about Dial 7 so I will call them. If I have a car service take me to Penn Station and then take the Metro liner I will be most likely spending $300 +- and be dog tired by the time I hit my front door.

thanks - we figured that worst case we could have a car/driver take us to Penn Station but we would really like to avoid that if possible. As two slow walking young seniors with luggage (and bad backs) as direct a route would totally be the best way to go - also thought prehaps the Newark/Amtrak station would be less hectic that Penn Station.

I had heard about Dial 7 so I will call them. If I have a car service take me to Penn Station and then take the Metro liner I will be most likely spending $300 +- and be dog tired by the time I hit my front door.

Your shuttle for 2 would likely be more expensive than a car service. I understand trying to avoid Penn Station (even when not a senior with luggage!) - Perhaps the airtrain shuttle in Newark would be less tiresome, but I have no personal experience to provide.

Mark, absolutely loved your Arecibo comment! You would need an airplane to San Juan, and a "Carro Público" to Arecibo. Wonderful town! Halfway to Mayagüez, my family's home town. I am very much enjoying the Cunard posts!

Mark, absolutely loved your Arecibo comment! You would need an airplane to San Juan, and a "Carro Público" to Arecibo. Wonderful town! Halfway to Mayagüez, my family's home town. I am very much enjoying the Cunard posts!

I love Puerto Rico as well! However, in this case I was referring to a Brooklyn-based car service (whose founders, I expect, are Puerto Rican) http://www.arecibocc.com/

- Mark