Do Floridians tire of answering questions?

I lurked and read for quite a while before I finally registered and started posting because I got tired of people who live in California, New York or Michigan jumping in with completely erroneous information and arguing with us locals. The problem is those seeking information think these folks from faraway lands are credible because they have large accumulation of posts on this board. They're not. The reality is they don't live here on a daily basis and don't see the "Big Picture" because their view is very short term, myopic and usually the same thing repeated over and over and over again. There are many, many options for transportation, hotels, restaurants, events and activities in South Florida, but to read this board there are only one or two hotels and everyone should stay there because the "foreigners" with lots of posts say so.

Welcome aboard (see what I did there?) and please keep posting!

I post on the boards because I like to talk about stuff. So I will definitely Google stuff, but I also want to hear what people have to say right now. It is like talking to your neighbor or co-worker and asking them if they have seen a new movie you are interested in. You aren't asking because you are too lazy to read the reviews online or in the paper. And you don't expect the person you are talking to to 'know' the 'right' answer to "was such-and-such movie good?" You are just making conversation about something you are interested in. I'm interested in the cruises I have taken, the cruises I have booked, the ports I've been to, the ports I'm planning on going to soon, etc. So I want to make conversation with internet strangers who share my interests.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app