Miami hotel with free parking during Hotel stay

lasnev

We are renting a car in FLL dropping off the next day at Port of Miami. We would still like to be close to downtown or beach. Any Hotel that does not charge for parking or would it be better just to drop off the car later at night same day and catching a shuttle to port?

We get in really early and plan to drive around quite a bit, so shuttle service from the Fort Lauderdale airport to miami is not an option.

Thanks

We are renting a car in FLL dropping off the next day at Port of Miami. We would still like to be close to downtown or beach. Any Hotel that does not charge for parking or would it be better just to drop off the car later at night same day and catching a shuttle to port?

We get in really early and plan to drive around quite a bit, so shuttle service from the Fort Lauderdale airport to miami is not an option.

Thanks

Drop the car off as soon as you get to Miami. Everywhere in Miami pretty much will charge for parking except the airport.

We're in a similar situation. We are arriving mid morning in Fort Lauderdale and our cruise leaves out of Miami the next day. I have not found free parking in Miami, but I did find reduced parking for $10 a day at the Spring Hill suites Miami East. The rate includes free parking for the night of your stay, and then $10 for every day after. They also include a free one way shuttle to the Miami cruise port. It doesn't appear that the hotel is close to too much and it's not in a very exciting area but it works well for us because we're gonna be driving around during the day and having a low key evening the night before. Have to rest up before vacation!

I also did a Google search on what you're asking for and there were some other hotels that did something similar, but I wanted to stay at a Marriott property.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are not going to be exploring around Miami, then you could stay out in one of the airport hotels, park free during your overnight and return the car in the morning or even that evening if not needing it. A lot of hotels offer shuttles to them from MIA.

If you are getting to downtown early enough, ditch the car then and you'll be in walking distance to everything you need and a short uber/cab to the port in the morning. Downtown hotel parking can be very expensive.

You just need to decide ahead of time what you really need the car for and for how long. Then we can be more specific with hotels and transportation.