Question about kids camp

bmetz34

This will be or first cruise with our daughter who will be 3. I'm thinking she'll have more fun at the kids camp than at sit down dinners with us. But from fun times I've seen, I don't get how they eat. I planned on getting her buffet or room service while we got ready them dropping her off. But the fun times say the kids eat with them? I'm just nervous bc my kid is a runner, so if they are taking a field trip to the buffet to eat, and she sees something interesting, she'll run for it and I don't see how they can manage a bunch kid toddlers out of a contained area... Am I picturing this wrong? We have my time dining so can go whenever.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kids club dinner is at 6 in the buffet and you drop them off there, not camp. They block off an area and when they are done they go to the camp facilities. These are professional child care providers so be assured if they can't handle her, they will set off your phone or pager (required for 2-5 group) and have you get her. Never heard of that happening though.

We used this option only as a treat for our sons; family dinner was one of the few times we have together each day as they always wanted to be in camp. Now that they are older they are off doing their own thing with friends met on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just came back from Glory yesterday and had my 2 YO daughter with me she was at kids camp. They will take them to dinner. You can leave your kids at kids camp and the workers will take them at 6. I am not sure if they do that everyday but I know at least two days they had kids dinner. They provide Macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets. I haven't seen the dinner itself because I never went with them but I did ask one of the workers what was provided because I know my daughter is a picky eater. Those were the only thing she mentioned.

On sea days you are supposed to pick your kids up when camp closes - usually around 4-5 pm; dinner isn't until 6. Camp will feed your child lunch or dinner if you are ashore - you just need to tell them you won't be on board during that time and they will provide care til you return.

We'll be spending the majority of our time together, but a long dinner will be too much to expect her to sit through. She's just at that stage. She'll be coming ashore with us as she loves the beach.

We'll be spending the majority of our time together, but a long dinner will be too much to expect her to sit through. She's just at that stage. She'll be coming ashore with us as she loves the beach.

It's great that you recognize you child isn't ready for an hour plus dinner - one of the reasons I am sure Carnival offers it! My sons both begged to go, so I sure she will enjoy it. Have a great trip.

I think this must depend on the ship because there are things mentioned above that did not occur on the April 15 Conquest sailing. My 4 year old went to camp for a portion of the day, every day and he ate dinner with them 4 of the 8 nights. We were never given a pager or cell phone. Also, they did not eat in the buffet. Camp was usually closed from 4-6. At 6 the camp counselors/kids who wanted to eat dinner there met on deck 10 (one deck above the buffet). The food and drinks and separate dining area were ready for them there. The kids dinner menu was listed in the Camp Ocean paperwork for each day so that parents could decide ahead of time if we thought that our kids would enjoy the meal or not. Menu changed daily.

The 2-5 age group has a limited number of phones available, I think they try to give them to those with the youngest kids. It will depend on availability. The menu changed daily, we let our daughter decide if she wanted to go to dinner with them or us. When she chose us, we'd let her eat and then take her to camp when she was done, so she didn't have to sit through the whole dinner.

The 2-5 age group has a limited number of phones available, I think they try to give them to those with the youngest kids. It will depend on availability. The menu changed daily, we let our daughter decide if she wanted to go to dinner with them or us. When she chose us, we'd let her eat and then take her to camp when she was done, so she didn't have to sit through the whole dinner.

That's a good idea. Do they usually bring out kids meals first in the mdr?

I did the same thing :) On the days that my 4yo was not fond of the kids club menu, I would take him to the Lido deck so that he could eat. The kids club dinner was always done around 6:30 so I would take him to camp then and then his older and I would get dressed for the evening, go to a show or 2 and then the MDR while he was having fun at camp. Worked out great.

It's great that you recognize you child isn't ready for an hour plus dinner - one of the reasons I am sure Carnival offers it! My sons both begged to go, so I sure she will enjoy it. Have a great trip.

I agree.....I KNOW That my 6 and 9 year old (with ADHD) would NOT be able to sit still in a nice restaurant knowing what all is available for fun and what they are missing. I'd rather have them eating with their friends all together and go enjoy a nice sit down meal with my husband and 13 year old and let the other 2 have fun. They don't even do Applebees without frustration or electronics, so a dining room with fancy affair just isn't going to do and it'll stress everyone out.

I was given a phone and I used it to make calls to all over the ship including cabins, room service and Guest services. My family also called me on it whenever they needed to locate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea. Do they usually bring out kids meals first in the mdr?

Yes, the staff was fantastic with kids. They will accommodate your wishes, so you can request it be brought earlier or at the same time as your meal. I believe they offered, but I'm not 100% sure.

When my kids were younger, the kids camp was closed during dinner times. But as soon as it opened, I would take them to camp between courses. The kids would eat and be still for a while, but long dinners aren't fun when you are 3!