If you don't buy the drinks package

TJGOD

I think the tap water tastes good, and does not have that chloride taste that so many US cities have in their tap water.

I'd like to point out, for the Brits and Aussies reading, that the include lemonade is the US version; I think you call it Lemon Squash. it is not a fizzy drink like Sprite or 7-Up.

Hot chocolate is usually but not always an option. My son always wants it and we notice when it is not available (and ask).

So, to reiterate, standard available included beverages are:

tap water, lemonade (squash), tea (iced and hot) sometimes flavoured water, sometimes fruit punch, juice at brealfast only, milk and chocolate milk, coffee.

Is the tap water / flavoured water and soda with a chloride taste?

We are from Europe and in Amerika taste the tapwater and soda postmix chloride for us.

Most of the time it tastes good, but there are the odd times when the water has a kinda off taste to me. It´s usually a one time off during a cruise, don´t know why that is.

No free soft drinks. The only cruise I have ever been on that included soft drinks in the cruise price was Disney.

I think the OP is using the phrase in the traditional way, to differentiate from "hard", or alcohol-containing, beverages. Soft drinks, not "soft drinks".

Where can you get the free drinks?

Asking this for my brother-in-law. He claims some RCCL representative said that drinks were free only during mealtime.

Well, many of them are only available at food places, so in a way the trip was right. WJ has to be open to get the lemonade they have there.

But coffee and tea packets and Swiss moss type hot chocolate packets are pretty much always there at the cafe promenade type locations on the ship. (And in WJ)

I believe there is also free champagne available to anyone (of age, regardless of loyalty status) during certain one-time special events such as the captain's reception and art auction(s).

Oh but you put in the "butt in seat" equity for that free sparkling wine at the art auction!!!

Is the tap water ok?

Not to me.

Is the tap water / flavoured water and soda with a chloride taste?

We are from Europe and in Amerika taste the tapwater and soda postmix chloride for us.

I can't put my finger on the taste but to me it's almost never good.

I've had to leave cups of coffee because all I can smell and taste is the water it was made with.

I'd like to point out, for the Brits and Aussies reading, that the include lemonade is the US version; I think you call it Lemon Squash. it is not a fizzy drink like Sprite or 7-Up.

Always a good reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!!!

Is the taste from the lemonade like water with a slice of lemon?

Thank you. I think we dont have that here in Holland. Is it typical American? This summer i visit the states again.

Yes, lemonade is a common American drink.