Tender in Geiranger

tuft

It's me again with another goofy question. It is my understanding that Geiranger is a tender port. From what I've read on various ports of call schedules, our Eclipse is the only ship scheduled to be in port on August 30th. We'd like to book a bus tour departing from the tender landing at 12:30. Given our expected arrival time of 11:00 does this seem doable or would we be cutting it too close?

As always, thanks for your help and opinions!

Peg

When we visited Geiranger in 2015 on the Eclipse, there was a floating walkway used to disembark. Quick and easy and you are on the dock in minutes. I believe the cruise lines pay an extra fee to use the walkway so you may wish to check with Celebrity to see if they are using the walkway during the 2017 season. It's a beautiful sail in & out - have fun.

When we visited Geiranger in 2015 on the Eclipse, there was a floating walkway used to disembark. Quick and easy and you are on the dock in minutes. I believe the cruise lines pay an extra fee to use the walkway so you may wish to check with Celebrity to see if they are using the walkway during the 2017 season. It's a beautiful sail in & out - have fun.

Thanks for the info! I will check with Celebrity tomorrow. I hope they are still using it. It sounds like a perfect solution.

Peg

if you dont use the floating dock then tendering is about a 50 yard distance, so very close. The town area is right there and quite compact. you will easily get to your tour in time. Have a great visit in the beautiful port.

if you dont use the floating dock then tendering is about a 50 yard distance, so very close. The town area is right there and quite compact. you will easily get to your tour in time. Have a great visit in the beautiful port.

Thanks for your reassuring response. From pictures I could see that the dock appears to be very close. My concern, however, is how long it could take Celebrity to get folks tendered to shore.

We are definitely looking forward to seeing all these beautiful ports! Thanks again!!

Peg

We've tendered both ways in Geiranger and it doesn't take long. If you're the only ship in port, chances are they will use the floating walkway. The bus tour to the top of the mountain is good. - a little hairy on the roads on the way up, but the views are excellent ;).

We've tendered both ways in Geiranger and it doesn't take long. If you're the only ship in port, chances are they will use the floating walkway. The bus tour to the top of the mountain is good. - a little hairy on the roads on the way up, but the views are excellent ;).

Thanks for your input! Sounds like we should be OK.

Peg