I think I screwed up!

On our last cruise on the Sunshine, they invited me as a platinum vfip member to their party, and gave me the platinum gift. They didn't give the same or any other gift to my wife who has been on just as many cruises as myself. I decided to call guest services and tell them that neither one of us were platinum, but had been given the goodies. They said they would fix that but decided to let us keep the platinum gift. Do you think I should have been so honest?

On our last cruise on the Sunshine, they invited me as a platinum vfip member to their party, and gave me the platinum gift. They didn't give the same or any other gift to my wife who has been on just as many cruises as myself. I decided to call guest services and tell them that neither one of us were platinum, but had been given the goodies. They said they would fix that but decided to let us keep the platinum gift. Do you think I should have been so honest?

Not sure why you have to ask for people's approval. YOU did what YOU thought was the right thing to do. And that's all that matters.

honesty is always good that is nice they let you keep the gift ... can i ask though if you knew you were not platinum why did you go in the first place

Why did I go where? We didn't go to the party! They left the gift in the room.

I would have done what you did. You said you didn't go to the party, and you let them know you were not platinum after they left the gift in your room and they did say you could keep it. I think it was just a mistake on their part, and with you letting them know about it they probably were able to figure out who didn't get the gift they were supposed to and gave one to them. I don't know what else you were supposed to do, I think you did the right things.

Nah

Didn't screw up.

What you experienced countered the cruise where we only got some of our Platinum benefits. Our room steward was on the ball. Everyone else wasn't.

Confused. First sentence you're platinum, later you're not. Guess you're saying they made a mistake.

Of course offering to return the platinum gift was the right choice. It was probably left in your room by someone other than your cabin steward, who mistook your cabin for a genuine platinum member who didn't get theirs. It was probably a one time mistake.

And Carnival did the right thing by telling you to keep it. BTW, it's not such a big deal, I often give the trinkets I receive to someone at my dinner table who isn't a Diamond or Platinum guest.

We are gold VIFP and normally get a pin during our cruise. We hadn't received one by the last day, so I asked our cabin steward about it. He returned with two platinum level pins, and indicated they had been out of the gold vifp pins for a couple of weeks. I told him that we were not platinum and that it was o.k. but he insisted that we take them. Nothing wrong with being honest.

I don't understand the title " I think I screwed up"??? What was the screw up? You weren't platinum and told them that.

Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I don't understand the title " I think I screwed up"??? What was the screw up? You weren't platinum and told them that.

"I think I screwed up!"..."Do you think I should have been so honest?"

To me it sounds like he's thinking if he had just kept quiet, he might get more platinum gifts in the future.

"I think I screwed up!"..."Do you think I should have been so honest?"

To me it sounds like he's thinking if he had just kept quiet, he might get more platinum gifts in the future.

Hmm..i assumed since he has been a member here since 2009 and has over 2000 posts, that he certainly knows what a platinum card is. He didn't have a platinum card, so obviously the room steward just put the wrong stuff at that one time in their room. Happened to my aunt and uncle last cruise too...they just gave it back to the steward.

Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That was my initial thought, but I couldn't accept Platinum if my wife wasn't.

"I think I screwed up!"..."Do you think I should have been so honest?" I would have probably been corrected for the next cruise anyway.

Don't care about the gifts, just wanted to board and disembark earlier!

My husband and I would have done the same thing. I think you did good.

gold

Hmmmm. I have heard of Carnival giving complimentary Platinum status on a one time basis before. I don't recall how or why or if they even really do it much anymore and I thought maybe that's what happened but it doesn't sound like it. To have your name printed on the invitation is strange too. If it wasn't, then I would chalk it up to they put the stuff in the wrong cabin so now I'm not so sure. Check your VIFP account when you have a chance and see if it still says Gold.

I would have done the same thing too. But I'm like that.