Fantasy late into Mobile because of weather

cocoaloco

:cool: This could be worse. The Port of Mobile was closed during the night (30 MPH winds) and we did not get the pilot aboard until 7 a.m. local time. We are now underway - winds still stiff (20 MPH) from the North but we are going to dock at 10:15 and start getting people off around 10:45 - so if you are headed to the ship just chill.

Of course people on board are going nuts over rebooking air - which is very limited out of Mobile.

I am blessed to be on board for the next sailing as a B2B. I will report any oddities as things unfold today. :cool:

:cool: This could be worse. The Port of Mobile was closed during the night (30 MPH winds) and we did not get the pilot aboard until 7 a.m. local time. We are now underway - winds still stiff (20 MPH) from the North but we are going to dock at 10:15 and start getting people off around 10:45 - so if you are headed to the ship just chill.

Of course people on board are going nuts over rebooking air - which is very limited out of Mobile.

I am blessed to be on board for the next sailing as a B2B. I will report any oddities as things unfold today. :cool:

It was really bad here in Mobile overnight, the local weatherman said we had some winds at 45MPH. Lots of tree limbs down and garbage cans in the roads on my way to work this morning. I normally see the Fantasy in the channel when I get off the interstate. I just checked to see where it was on MarineTraffic. I am sure it was a rough ride in. At least it is daylight now and you can see coming through the Bay and have extra time for breakfast.

Very bad weather is being on a 75' shrimp boat with h the waves breaking over the wheelhouse or the outriggers dipping so far in the water the opposite stabilizer is swinging around. When the crest of the wave drops out and you land in the trough vibrating the bottom of the boat. LoL. Pour me a tall, stiff drink and light the fires! Let's go!!!

Were the dining rooms open for dinner at their usual times or was dinner delayed?

We were the last maybe 100 people to board around 6pm or so. Thankfully the room was ready so we dropped our carry on luggage and went straight to muster then straight to dinner which they decided to do anytime dining that evening from 7pm on in both dining rooms.

We were the last maybe 100 people to board around 6pm or so. Thankfully the room was ready so we dropped our carry on luggage and went straight to muster then straight to dinner which they decided to do anytime dining that evening from 7pm on in both dining rooms.

Here's wishing you smooth sailing.