Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

We are on this cruise in October, our first Celebrity cruise. We are learning so much, foremost is that we will need to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package. We love our cocktails on vacation. We usually cruise HAL, so follow their boards frequently. We love their beverage package. The negative comments from people about it being too much liquor make us feel so naughty for enjoying it so much. Thanks for proudly brandishing your cocktail photos. We look forward to trying them for ourselves. Cheers.

Thanks for doing this. We have done over 20 cruises but never with Celebrity. We will be on this ship soon and your report has answered many of our questions. We have 2 more.

1. Is there a regular electrical outlet in the bathroom? My husband uses a Waterpick for his teeth and he cannot use it in many ships.

2. Is there a clock in the room? I usually bring my own but if there is one in the room, one less thing to pack.

Thanks again. I look forward for you postings all the time, it's part of the excitement for our cruise.

This is the only power socket in the bathroom?

81cef21d4f5eda8595cd9eab9f9325d4.jpg

There is only a small clock on the phone next to the bed,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard Richard spacey is getting off today for a conference in Miami so I guess he will be getting back on when the ship gets back to Miami on the 15th,

So I won't be able to get anymore info as to his schedule,

MR_T, I just want to express my appreciation for this "Live From" thread. I have trouble getting around to emailing the family . . . you are working so hard for all of us! I especially appreciate the Blu menus since we're sailing the Equinox in AQ in October.

Thanks for doing this. We have done over 20 cruises but never with Celebrity. We will be on this ship soon and your report has answered many of our questions. We have 2 more.

1. Is there a regular electrical outlet in the bathroom? My husband uses a Waterpick for his teeth and he cannot use it in many ships.

2. Is there a clock in the room? I usually bring my own but if there is one in the room, one less thing to pack.

Thanks again. I look forward for you postings all the time, it's part of the excitement for our cruise.

I also use a waterpik and just got off the Equinox. I tried using the outlet for the shaver in the lav. It has 120v but the waterpik wouldn't work when plugged into it.

I use to take an extension cord but they get confiscated and I don't want to retrieve it after the cruise is over.

On the last few cruises I either got a bucket that they use for a bucket of beer or use the waste basket. When using the waste basket I remove the plastic bag liner and then put it back on when done. I use the plug by the desk and let the water flow into the bucket then dump it down the toilet or sink.

There is a clock on the phone and I think on one of the tv channels like the view from the bridge. If you want an alarm you can get a wake up thru the phone.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Go to the World Class bar and ask Ram to make you a grapefruit cosmo.

Drink up [emoji483]🥂[emoji485][emoji484][emoji481]

Tried the WCB a few times now and being completely honest it's not for us...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the only power socket in the bathroom?

81cef21d4f5eda8595cd9eab9f9325d4.jpg

There is only a small clock on the phone next to the bed,

Thanks,

It seems that the plug is only for a shaver and not a regular plug. I guess I will not pack his Waterpick.

Thanks again and please continue your reports. They are great!

I also use a waterpik and just got off the Equinox. I tried using the outlet for the shaver in the lav. It has 120v but the waterpik wouldn't work when plugged into it.

I use to take an extension cord but they get confiscated and I don't want to retrieve it after the cruise is over.

On the last few cruises I either got a bucket that they use for a bucket of beer or use the waste basket. When using the waste basket I remove the plastic bag liner and then put it back on when done. I use the plug by the desk and let the water flow into the bucket then dump it down the toilet or sink.

There is a clock on the phone and I think on one of the tv channels like the view from the bridge. If you want an alarm you can get a wake up thru the phone.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Funny cause we did the same on one cruise but it was really too much of a bother. He will just have to do without it.

I also like to see the time when I wake up many times during the night so I will bring my travel clock. Thanks for you suggestions.

Thanks,

It seems that the plug is only for a shaver and not a regular plug. I guess I will not pack his Waterpick.

Thanks again and please continue your reports. They are great!

DH takes a "Waterpik Waterflossr cordless plus" Model WP-455W or WP-450. I got his at Target a couple of years ago it works very well only need to charge it up a 2-3 times on a 7 day cruise.

Funny cause we did the same on one cruise but it was really too much of a bother. He will just have to do without it.

I also like to see the time when I wake up many times during the night so I will bring my travel clock. Thanks for you suggestions.

Get a Fitbit. It keeps track of the times you are awake, restless and etc. and stores the info on the app.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thank you both so much! I've learned a lot & enjoy your posts!! We are sailing 5/15, so it's a good lead up.

A couple questions: is the provided hairdryer decent? Probably a question for Ms T. :rolleyes:

We will be in a celebrity suite, so we get to use Michael's...any chat you've heard about it?

Do you have enough plugs in the room? We have 5 apple devices to charge; probably like everyone else :D

Again, thank you & rock on with your reviews!

Bonnie

Happy cruising. [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

I don't understand the need to plug in a water pick. I have a handheld one that I charge before leaving home. It holds the charge for at least

10 days. If one can't bring a water pik, then regular flossing and a salt water rinse would do the trick. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH takes a "Waterpik Waterflossr cordless plus" Model WP-455W or WP-450. I got his at Target a couple of years ago it works very well only need to charge it up a 2-3 times on a 7 day cruise.

Yes, exactly! I bring that one, too and had posted a reply before reading you response Mine holds a charge for 10 days at least though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk