Help choosing a Stateroom on Symphony

My wife and I have booked a room on a European sailing of the Symphony for next year. We're in an 2I room 8727.

The reason we chose the room is that it was the second from the end, and we thought we would have a reasonable view of the aqua theater from our stateroom.

I'm looking at our sailing now, and I can move up a few decks as 9, 10 and 12 all show room 727 as being available. The nice thing about deck 8 is that I'm on the same level as the rising tide bar (when its all the way up), and the park cafe (we really enjoyed eating breakfast their on our AoS sailing a few years back.

I've also noticed that cabin 329 is available on decks 8, 9, 10, and 12, however they all say that they're obstructed by a life boat or other equipment.

If it was your cruise, which cabin would you select and why?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

We are in 11729 in June. We chose it for 4 reasons. 1) It was the cheapest ocean view balcony available (yes I know technically it is not an ocean view balcony. 2) Ability to watch the aqua show from our balcony. 3) The shore is going to be on the port side of the ship for most of the cruise so being on the starboard side will maximize our view of the shore. 4) You tube videos showed more in your face obstruction by the Abyss slide on decks 9,10,12 (can't remember what 8 looked like) chk for pics on and videos of the harmony rooms and you will see what I mean.

Take the advice from setsail and get a OV balcony. The view of the Aqua theater and the slight view of the ocean have been replaced by a giant purple tube slide called the Ultimate Abyss. It comes down only a few feet from the balcony's and blocks any decent view. Unless you love the color purple. The landing area of the slide is so large they removed the tequila bar. happy cruising.

Take the advice from setsail and get a OV balcony. The view of the Aqua theater and the slight view of the ocean have been replaced by a giant purple tube slide called the Ultimate Abyss. It comes down only a few feet from the balcony's and blocks any decent view. Unless you love the color purple. The landing area of the slide is so large they removed the tequila bar. happy cruising.

We sailed on Harmony on deck 11 and had a very nice view of the ocean and the Abyss didn't block our view at all.

I've also noticed that cabin 329 is available on decks 8, 9, 10, and 12, however they all say that they're obstructed by a life boat or other equipment.

This is 10329 on Harmony... any cabin ending in 327 will be another cabin further back with more of the slide in full view.

DSC00719_zpsjqajczqo.jpg

Full cabin review with interior and more exterior photos here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52042987&highlight=Once+done#post52042987

We just sailed on Harmony and had cabins #9729, 27, 25 & 23 if I hadn't gotten these cabins when HOTS was released and at such an amazing price and before knowing how much the view was going to be blocked I would have avoided them because of the Abyss. The Boardwalk Balcony cabins on the HOTS or SOTS aren't really what I would choose to book...you may feel differently and not mind..if so enjoy.

I am going on harmony next month and symphony next June out of Rome. Have been on oasis and allure already. I would never book any balcony facing in the ship. Zero privacy, must close drapes to get dressed. Like living in an apartment complex. Will only book oceanview balcony cabins. I cruise to see the ocean not everyone else's cabins.

Well I can't say I would not book boardwalk because I actually did for my teen boys on symphony. They even hate those cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums