On Anthem Now

It should still be Terry. We saw him in September 2016 and again on the February 26, 2017 sailing. When we said hi to him and told him we were glad he was still on the ship, he laughed and said he had just rejoined the ship after being home for a while.

Thank you. He is very talented performer and a nice person to talk to.

TeeChi - Love reading your review! Thanks so much for posting this!! My DH & I will be sailing on Anthem shortly & I wondered about embarkation: This is the first time we had to choose an "arrival" time and the earliest slot available was 1:00 pm, which is later than we'd like to arrive (we planned on being there by 11:00 am.) Do you happen to know if they enforce the arrival time? If we arrive there at 11:00 am, would we have to go to a waiting room or would we be able to board at 11:00 am? Thanks!

I noticed yesterday it was part of a theme night. I'm accustomed to seeing Indian food on the buffet everyday at a small station. This was not the case on this sailing.

The theme nights were - American, Mediterranean, Mambo Italiano, Caribbean Colors, Indian Spice Market, Tex Mex, Asian

Thanks for taking time to post. Were the themes posted in the cruise compass or how do you find that about what the theme is going to be ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The activities manager is Kevin Tugwell. He is awesome - dynamic personality. Very good chemistry with Dru, not just the morning show but also some of the trivia that they co-host together. He was recently promoted to AM, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is promoted again to a CD someday!

I agree 100%. We sailed on the Anthem 4/17-4/29 and Kevin was great. His Progressive Trivia was the best one we've ever been a part of.

TeeChi - Love reading your review! Thanks so much for posting this!! My DH & I will be sailing on Anthem shortly & I wondered about embarkation: This is the first time we had to choose an "arrival" time and the earliest slot available was 1:00 pm, which is later than we'd like to arrive (we planned on being there by 11:00 am.) Do you happen to know if they enforce the arrival time? If we arrive there at 11:00 am, would we have to go to a waiting room or would we be able to board at 11:00 am? Thanks!

No enforcement. When I arrived I didn't see a waiting room. I did see rows of chairs however no one was sitting. At 11:00 we went directly on the ship. Btw..I was unable to upload my photo. No issues with the agent taking my photo and this extra step did not slow down the process.

Thanks for taking time to post. Were the themes posted in the cruise compass or how do you find that about what the theme is going to be ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Windjammer dinner themes were posted in the cruise compass in tiny print. :confused:

No enforcement. When I arrived I didn't see a waiting room. I did see rows of chairs however no one was sitting. At 11:00 we went directly on the ship. Btw..I was unable to upload my photo. No issues with the agent taking my photo and this extra step did not slow down the process.

Good to know. Thanks SO much!!

Cigarettes - $36.00 per carton when you buy 2

$34.00 per carton when you buy 3

I didn't like the pics my iPad is taking. I'll need to experiment with the settings.

ff02977414fd570961b981d960735314.jpg

c6cff9e50219d71d6fe7b304c7015ece.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank You so much for taking the time to look and take the pic !

I didn't like the pics my iPad is taking. I'll need to experiment with the settings.

Thank You so much for taking the time to take the pic and respond :)

Ashland,

I had number 19 scheduled to depart the ship at 8:30. Due to my flight at 2:20 I was not in a rush. My number was called earlier than scheduled.

At 9:00 an announcement was made due to terminal traffic the debarkation is delayed. Around 9:25 announcements resume again and I decided to exit the ship.

Existing and waiting in line for customs took about 25 to 30 minutes. Upon leaving the terminal walk immediately to the right. There is a sign and arrow on a post for taxi and parking. Follow the sidewalk to the cross walk. Across the street is the taxi area inside a surface parking lot. There is no sign for shared shuttle.

There are several people holding clip boards. The shared shuttle is $20 per person. The van I'm on seats 16.

Hopes this helps.

We are on the next Thursday Cruise, along with several of the other followers.

Thanks for doing this.

Wife is excited about a Bon Jovi tribute band. (Why are they always so loud?)

Everything on ths ship is super loud!!!!! My husband has tinnitus and even with earplugs he sometimes has to leave the area. However, it is our favorite ship and next year will be our third time, just got back from a 12 nighter.

Marg

Ashland,

I had number 19 scheduled to depart the ship at 8:30. Due to my flight at 2:20 I was not in a rush. My number was called earlier than scheduled.

At 9:00 an announcement was made due to terminal traffic the debarkation is delayed. Around 9:25 announcements resume again and I decided to exit the ship.

Existing and waiting in line for customs took about 25 to 30 minutes. Upon leaving the terminal walk immediately to the right. There is a sign and arrow on a post for taxi and parking. Follow the sidewalk to the cross walk. Across the street is the taxi area inside a surface parking lot. There is no sign for shared shuttle.

There are several people holding clip boards. The shared shuttle is $20 per person. The van I'm on seats 16.

Hopes this helps.

So what time did you actually get off the ship and were on the shuttle and arrived at EWR?

Thanks so much ...your help is so much appreciated.

Got off ship around 9:20 or 9:25. On the shuttle at 10:05. At the airport (EWR) 10:30. The first shuttle stop was Southwest, Air Canada and Jet Blue.

Thanks so much for this information! Did you have to wait to check in/drop off luggage at EWR? In Seattle we were about 4 hours before our flight and they wouldn't let you check in yet- had to wait in line with fellow cruisers until about 2 hours prior. This was 12 years ago though.

Windjammer dinner themes were posted in the cruise compass in tiny print. :confused:

Not trying to hijack- pretty sure I saw Indian at the dinner in windjammer on one side every night. Tucked near Mongolian buffet/light desserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for this information! Did you have to wait to check in/drop off luggage at EWR? In Seattle we were about 4 hours before our flight and they wouldn't let you check in yet- had to wait in line with fellow cruisers until about 2 hours prior. This was 12 years ago though.

When I arrived at EWR at 10:30 for a 2:20 flight, I didn't have to wait.

I use an app for the iPad/iPhone called Pro HDR X by eyeApps LLC (this is the paid app, I think the free version is just PRO HDR). Anyway, it takes outstanding pix.

Once you clear US customs no need to clear it again if you next port is your final. We sailed the Majesty 4 day out of Miami about 9 years ago and we cleared in Key West and were in Miami the next day and walked right off the ship.

I was on this cruise and we had to clear customs again in Bayonne when we got in yesterday.