Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park

smilepak

Hi,

First time cruise to Cozumel. A few questions I have about this excursion place

1) How safe is the area? Can I bring a backpack and lock it to beach chair w/o worry?

2) On a medium crowd day or light heavy crowd day, how is the availability of beach chairs and usage of various things such as kayak and water bike?

3) Is it better to pay for the package with unlimited food for a party of 6 or better to just do ala cart, since most of us don't eat a whole lot?

4) How's the area, aside from the waterslide and kid zone. The beach itself?

5) On Royal Caribbean specifically and maybe other cruiseline, do I have to wait until the end of the tour to get back to the ship or do they offer continuous back and forth ride?

Thanks,

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and she has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature. You can safely do this on your own, likely for less than what RCI will charge. Taxi each way, for up to 4 passengers, is about $17. Check the Playa Mia web site for food/drink options.

We took our family there a couple years ago and plan to go again this year. Everyone had a blast. The beach was nice and the service was excellent. There was only a handful of people when we went, but there was plenty of chairs and tables available. We just left our bags and stuff sitting under the table. Nothing was bothered. The staff played games with the guests and you can win prizes. It was just an all around fun day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to try it out in 2 weeks with our 1.5 year old! I think she will love the water park... we decided my husband is going to do the all inclusive option with the buffet/drinks. I am going to do ala carte since I don't drink and some reviews I read said the buffet wasn't amazing.

We are doing this on our own!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The time that we went we pretty much had the water slide to ourselves and there was no problem getting lounge chairs right at the waterfront.

We did it on our own and decided at the gate what we wanted, we chose al a carte and really didn't eat there we had drinks and headed back to the ship for lunch.

It was very safe and the staff were all very nice. Would not hesitate to do it again.

I picked it from reading about mitzigirly's time spent there. Her reviews are great and you should look up her review of it.