Venice cruise port to Marco Polo airport - Land based Taxi

So I tried the Europe/ Italy boards but no joy, so I figured lets try my fellow RCCL cruisers.

RCCL May 2017 Cruise ends in Venice on a Sat, plan to do early morning express walk off if they offer it, or earliest possible departure.

Anyone know if Taxis ( cars etc) are lined up like in other ports to meet the ships arriving or is Venice a unique situation and you somehow have to pre book. I see lots of threads on the ATV express bus etc and water taxis but not this specific method.

Appreciate any info from cruisers who has experienced same.

Many thanks

Yes, taxis are lined up right out front! We were going to take the people mover to the bus but grabbed a taxi! I believe it was around 45 Euros! Well worth it! RC was charging $36pp for their buses and the bus couldn't pull right up at the airport! They had to walk a ways & it was raining!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be aware that depending on which pier you are at it may be quite a walk, with luggage, to the taxi rank.

Thank you, its seem no matter form of transport we opt for schlepping luggage is a challenge. Normally its not a problem for us at all but very a recent medical event is making us look for the easiest possible option with luggage, as one of us cannot lift any right now and whilst everything is on wheels were trying to minimize that also.

Guess we will play it by ear.

Again thank you

• 2 months later...
Thank you, its seem no matter form of transport we opt for schlepping luggage is a challenge. Normally its not a problem for us at all but very a recent medical event is making us look for the easiest possible option with luggage, as one of us cannot lift any right now and whilst everything is on wheels were trying to minimize that also.

Guess we will play it by ear.

Again thank you[/

I know what u mean abt schlepping the luggage, especially in Venice. I hope everything works out for u guys.

Take care

Phyllis

I read somewhere on the Venice port of call board that land based taxis are rare in Venice so the recommendation is to book one before the cruise. That's what we did. I think we used taxi finder and got a quick quote. We leave in October so I can't tell you if they'll actually be there when we get off the ship but I'm hoping so!