Help me with our budget breakdown?

Strophic

Haha, my boyfriend and I are VERY different in this regard. I had all the cash expenses organised in individual labeled envelopes with a cost breakdown on the inside flap. Meanwhile my boyfriend forgot his pants.

He accepts me for being a very detailed planner if it means that all he has to do is show up. Meanwhile I am happy to have more control over the trip since his laissez-faire attitude means I get to set everything up to my liking and he'll be happy with it no matter what. It is a simbiotic relationship.

LOL! And your boyfriend is the only person that's important in this. Just take the useful comments here at CC and ignore the others who want to comment on your detailed planner lifestyle. Just as you are a chronic detailed planner, they are chronic busybodies who just can't help themselves. These types will comment on your parenting skills, how, when and what to tip, what to wear and when, and if given a chance, how the wipe your own backside.:rolleyes:

@DirtyDawg, Before we went on our first cruise together I asked for some advice on helping my boyfriend deal with a little bit of vacation cold feet. SEVERAL commenters predicted that we would either break up or live a life of unhappiness and corrupt our future children :P

I don't see a problem with having a detailed budget and trying to stick to it. I do this for every trip I plan. It doesn't make it any less enjoyable. We try to have a buffer to account for overages in all categories so we don't have to keep track of every single dollar while on the trip. I don't see why people are razzing the OP for having such a detailed budget.

Anyways, to OP--I don't know if you have any pets, but one of the line items in my budgets is always the pet sitter.

I would take other suggestions to have a little bit extra cash on hand for tips; if you don't use it, you can always put it back. On our last cruise, I thought I had planned pretty well for tips, but we still ran out of cash and ended up going to the ATM on the ship--talk about a budget buster!

My DH is the same as your BF; he doesn't really care too much about the trip details. I'll ask his opinion on a few things and plan excursions that I know he will like, but other than that he leaves me to it. It's actually kind of an obsessive hobby for me to plan all of our vacations, LOL. Then when we go, he raves about how fun the trip is and how awesome of a trip planner I am, and I revel in the praise :-D

No pets at the moment :) My boyfriend is pretty much exactly the same as your husband, he likes to provide input on excursions and to a lesser extent the ship, but other than that...he's really up for anything.